X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George "Commandant Lassard" Gaynes has passed away

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/ge...ad-1201707777/

RIP, as of Age 98 --- He was on Punky Brewster, and known for playing the wonderfully goofy - but loyal - Commandant on the Police Academy movies.

"For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

This is going to sound harsh, but the surprise from me for this was that he was still alive.
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Nah, I was surprised, too. I thought he passed a few years back o_O 98 years, though. Impressive!
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Wow, he was that old?

Also, I am one of those who was most familiar with him from his role on Punky Brewster. I forgot he was in all those Police Academy movies until mentioned in the OP.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I believe he also played a mob bad guy (Frank Smith I think ) on General Hospital in the early 1980's during the Luke and Laura craze
          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
            Wow, he was that old?

Also, I am one of those who was most familiar with him from his role on Punky Brewster. I forgot he was in all those Police Academy movies until mentioned in the OP.
            Why do you think I took you to all those Police Academy movies? For fun? Well, I didn't hear anybody laughing, did you?
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
              Why do you think I took you to all those Police Academy movies? For fun? Well, I didn't hear anybody laughing, did you?
              Hey, the first three were decent at least.
              I AM the evil bastard!

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                You probably think I wasn't anticipating that quote when I posted.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                  Hey, the first three were decent at least.
                  That's because Steve Guttenberg was in the first 3 . . . the rest of them sucked canal water.
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                    That's because Steve Guttenberg was in the first 3 . . . the rest of them sucked canal water.
                    He was in the fourth as well but that's when they shifted away from him being the central character and just made the story stupid.
                    I AM the evil bastard!

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                      He was in the fourth as well but that's when they shifted away from him being the central character and just made the story stupid.
                      I forgot about the 4th one . . . must not have been that great, otherwise I'd have remembered it.
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                      X