This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wherein Chef Ramsey Is A Traitor

....and with Michelle's help, breaks up The Group of friends.

Everyone involved: Chef Ramsey, Mentor, Michelle, me, Jem, Dylan, Mo, and Darren (who works in another department)

I always considered Michelle a good friend. We didn't hang out much outside of work, but we always came in to work together, shared lockers, and left work together.

We all used to be this group. We took break together and had our own inside jokes and stories. Yes, a lot of it was inappropriate and not suitable for work. But we've been doing this for over a year. Bear in mind, Chef Ramsey and Mentor are shift leads.

Last Wednesday night, I called in sick due to my on-going bubonic plague that won't go away, causing me severe ups and downs. Some days I feel I'm getting better, others I feel like I'm knocking on death's door.

A new girl started taking break with the group.....she's really intense and very loud. I heard that turned a lot of the group off and they weren't really happy about it. Especially Michelle, because she and I went to school with this girl and she's never liked her.

So Thursday night, this girl was taking break with us again. Michelle was acting like a total snob, being all quiet and stomping back inside after only a few minutes of taking break.

The night goes by....all of a sudden it's almost 7 and time to go home. I meet Michelle in our designated meeting spot, and she says "Blas, we need to talk." Just what I want to hear at 7 am.

She said that we have all taken this thing way too far. That our conversations have gotten out of control, and that certain members of "The group" are starting to feel really uncomfortable. Then she said Chef Ramsey is no longer taking break with us anymore, and she probably won't either.

I was confused and hurt. So after I did my laundry and went home around 11 am, I saw that Darren was online and chatted with him. Apparently, Chef Ramsey had talked to Jem, and had said the same thing as Michelle had said to me, EXCEPT he had told Jem that he was so upset about everything that HE HIMSELF had went to the BOSS about it, and asked the boss to get everyone together and personally remind everyone of what is appropriate to talk about at work and what isn't, and that we should have our breaks split up so that people have other people to take break with.

So in other words, Chef Ramsey, who for the past year on break has been one of the main instigators and anatagonizers, who keeps those bad conversations going, all of a sudden had an epiphany that this is wrong and needs to stop, but instead of getting everyone together and talking about it.....he pulls an Ann and goes running to the boss and tattles!

After I got to speak to Jem, we put the pieces together. Chef Ramsey and Michelle have been working together for the past week. We figured that those two have been in cahoots in their little area talking crap and planning out this whole thing for at least the past week. GREAT!

I understand Chef Ramsey has to be an example and has a job to do. But when HE was the main person doing it.....and encouraging it....and he decides to one day change his mind and go running to the boss! And he knows Michelle has never liked some of the people in the group.......you know what I'm getting at here....

We are all pissed and hurt that Chef Ramsey couldn't have gotten us all together in private on break and given us a chance to stop it and tone it down. We're all upset that he and Michelle were in cahoots and planning this, all the while Michelle was still pretending to be my friend. And above all, that he up and ran to the boss and only told a FEW people about this!

So tonight is officially going to suck. The group is torn in two. I don't even know if Michelle even cares to be friends anymore. All I know is that other than the contact we need to have, I am not speaking to Chef Ramsey ever again. We are no longer friends.

This is not what friends do to one another.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Blas I hate to say it but Ramsey and Michelle were work friends. And work friendships are a bit fake for a reason. And it sucks finding out someone used you to get a promotion or for some other petty bullcrap.

Comment

Working...
    X