No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So poor Fuzzy Britches was dragged off to the vet again today, to spend a few hours there getting a "glucose curve" assessment ...

I haz betrayed his tiny trust. Again.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Quoth Pixelated View Post
      ... I haz betrayed his tiny trust. Again.
      That's the problem with owning a ooman. Visiting strange and annoying places... Bail bondsmen. Cop shops. Jails.

I still haven't gotten answer why I had to drive 25 miles to collect mine when her mother was within 5...
      Last edited by dalesys; 05-07-2019, 04:24 PM.
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Quoth dalesys View Post
        That's the problem with owning a ooman. Visiting strange and annoying places... Bail bondsmen. Cop shops. Jails.

I still haven't gotten answer why I had to drive 25 miles to collect mine when her mother was within 5...

I got an earful after picking him up to bring him back home, that's for sure ...

He was diagnosed with diabetes a few weeks ago (with glucose levels at that time that made me wonder how he was still up and moving around ...)

The insulin amounts he's been getting since then have brought his glucose levels down, but they're still nowhere near where they should be. So for the moment the insulin levels are upped, and in a week or two ... it's back to the vet's ...
        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• All I can say is that it's spring, aka breeding season and I am so glad I have all my kitties spayed and/or neutered.

And a bunch of the younger ones are now going back and forth between inside and outside. With the exception of Miss Bubbles and Olivia Benson, the latter who will step outside onto the deck, sniff around the back door and want right back inside.

While her twin, Trudy Katt and their brother, Hank, will spend the entire day outside and won't come in until the sun comes down.

And speaking of which, where's Buffy? I haven't seen her since I've been home, so I guess she's lying in wait somewhere under the deck waiting for dark and the vampires to come out.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

• So at a recent event, I found out how evil one of my re-enactor buddies can be.

There was a taxidermy stall selling animal pelts, tails and taxidermy animals along with a few other things (the pelts were mostly fox and rabbit, both of which are considered pests in Australia). On the second day, there was this lady standing outside the stall basically acting horribly towards people who were going near it and/or purchasing stuff from them, but not causing enough of a disturbance to get security involved.

My colleague somehow managed to convince the lady that the stuff in there was just very realistic fakes. The lady then apparently went in there, started patting the pelts and exclaimed how soft they were.

(To their credit, the shop owners handled it very well.)

For the record, the colleague in question is one of the sweetest people you will ever meet, although she has a gutter mind just as bad as I do.

Comment

• Just laid waste to a man's heart and the unwitting agent of his grief and pain is the woman who loves him so my characters are having a crappy day, how is yours?
              https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                ... my characters are having a crappy day, how is yours?
                I have reached an age where "an ordinary crappy day" is a *good day... It means:
                1) I have not been trampling the court jester and assorted diplomats in a mad sprint to the throne for the last day or so

2) I won't have to snap on the rubber glove to dig out some tough little shit! (hilite for the lolites)
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Today at my used-book store: The day began with somebody dropping off 20 boxes of books, and not small boxes either. So yeah, that's what I was doing today. Most of these books were quite old, I think the latest copyright date I saw was in the 1960s, and the earliest was a century and a half earlier. Happily, a fair number of the books were usable, but many were just too damaged -- I saw water damage, mold, insect-chewed, plain old coming-apart, and a few "what did that?". Later I was chatting with a regular who was browsing the free-book table (where most damaged books end up):

Him: "Estate sale?"
                  Me: "No, it was a couple that brought them in, but I'm pretty sure someone did die."
                  Him: "Hopefully they've gone to a better place".
                  Me: "Well, their books certainly did."

We shared a wry grin.

Comment

• Quoth Pixelated View Post
                    his tiny trust.
                    That phrase got me right in the feels.
                    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• You know how kids have that thing where they want to watch the same movie over and over and over?

I don't mind now that my kid is 9 and the movie is Pacific Rim.
                      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Quoth Seanette View Post
                        My upstairs neighbors seem to hold nightly elephant races. It's not the ceiling, it's them. In over six years in this apartment, these are the noisiest neighbors we've ever had up there.
                        It has been confirmed by the nice maintenance guy who came to fix a leaky garbage disposal a few days ago that that bunch has moved out.

They will not be missed.
                        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                          You know how kids have that thing where they want to watch the same movie over and over and over?

I don't mind now that my kid is 9 and the movie is Pacific Rim.
                          Is it bad that I'm nearly 30 and still do this with Robin Hood: Men in Tights?

Comment

• I was thinking about Knight Rider the other day.

Consider:

Michael's original car in "Knight of the Phoenix" (the pilot) was a black Firebird. Nothing unusual there, but...

He owned that car. If Michael was presumed dead, and Wilton Knight changed Michael's name, does that mean that Wilton and FLAG now owned the car? Or did Michael still own it?

And consider this:

KITT was the second car. But Michael didn't know this. KARR was actually the first, but remember KARR was deactivated and put in storage (and later re-activated accidentally). Though I'll never really understand why they didn't just disassemble KARR. And what would that mean for ownership?

But to that end, does that mean that KARR was Michael's original car, and not KITT?

And apparently in Canon, they were recruiting another Knight before Michael, but I forget why that didn't work.

Further, does this mean that FLAG knew in advance that Michael would be the one (because of the car)? I say this because there are certain things they would have had to have advance knowledge of.

And what if Michael had driven a "dorky" car?

I know...it's just a cheesy Sci-Fi show from the 1980's, but I think about weird crap like this.
                            Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• Quoth mjr View Post
                              I was thinking about Knight Rider the other day.

I know...it's just a cheesy Sci-Fi show from the 1980's, but I think about weird crap like this.
                              Considering that eerie red light scanning back and forth, it was obvious to me that the car was a Cylon in disguise.
                              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• What's 'better' when it comes to editing old TV episodes to fit in more ads: leave intact but speed the whole thing up (sometimes to the point of unwatchability), or leave at normal speed but cut bits and not splice properly so it's obvious something is missing?
                                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
                                X