Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Please don't hit each other!
Old 06-22-2019, 09:25 PM
Cashier

Default Please don't hit each other!

As some of you might know, I am terrified of pregnant women. I hide it well, but they are really, REALLY scary to me. So unpredictable.

I also have a personal rule that if someone mentions needing to use the restroom, I tell them where it is and that I will call back in 5 minutes. (I don't typically see my clients, they are in phone kiosks in the lobby).

So, I called my client and a co-worker answered the phone and said she was in the restroom. That's fine, I have keyboarding to do while I wait. When I called back, my client apologized and said she was pregnant and needed to pee all the time. She was nice, all was going well when she asked to go to the restroom again. "Of course, I have some keyboarding to do while you are gone, take your time!"

I called back and the phone rang busy. The phone cord connects at the base of the kiosk wall, they are constantly being kicked out because they are in a very stupid place. So, I called the front desk to ask if someone could plug the phone back in. Couldn't get an answer, so I hobbled out to see what was going on.

What did I see when I got out there? An unknown to me, rather large man bleeding and semi-conscious on the floor with my client standing over him with a bloody phone. (Of course, by this time the security guards were involved, management was there and half of my co-workers were lurking.)

Seems as though when my client got up to go to the restroom, the client sitting next to her reached out and grabbed her very large belly. She took offense to this and told him to not touch her. He said he was rubbing her belly for good luck and grabbed her again. She slapped him. He responded by slapping her back, so she grabbed the phone base and hit him several times in the face with it. As there were plenty of witnesses, the cops had no problem sorting things out and the rather large man left with the EMT's and a cop.

After all the excitement was over, my client apologized to me for breaking the phone and causing so much fuss. From calm to murder to calm in the snap of a finger. This has just reinforced my fear of pregnant women!

Old 06-22-2019, 10:41 PM
Cashier

When I was pregnant, someone reached out to touch my belly and I told him he'd pull back a stump. No one has a right to touch someone else. I suspect she was calmed down by the police before she spoke to you again

Old 06-22-2019, 11:50 PM
The Hero CS Deserves

Holy crap.

Quote:
Quoth YamiNoHime View Post
No one has a right to touch someone else.
QFT.

In this situation or any other, nobody has the right to touch you without your consent. If they ask and you say "No," They need to respect that. If they don't ask and do it anyway and/or persist, they might get a slight (O_O) overreaction such as the one above.
"[Friendship,] like philosophy, like art, like the universe itself has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival. ~ C. S. Lewis

"French is my favorite ... Especially to curse with ... It's like wiping your arse with silk. I love it." The Merovingian, "The Matrix: Reloaded"
"Customers are like van Gogh. They intentionally remove their ears when it suits them." TheDangOofMan, Reddit

Old 06-23-2019, 12:15 AM
Cashier

I totally agree that nobody should be touched without consent. Nobody in the office blamed my client for clocking the jerk with a phone and I don't either. We don't care about damage to equipment when someone is preventing themselves from being assaulted.

I just told this story because my client was so very calm before and after. Scary calm. She tried to beat someone to death with a phone and then held onto the phone because it was now a bio hazard and needed to be bagged and disposed of.

I was there while the police were busy, my client was calm, didn't argue, told her side of the story (with witnesses loudly backing her up) and held on to the phone until a co-worker brought a bagged trash can for the phone.

Nice, calm, considerate and batshit crazy when touched. Pregnant women scare the heck out of me, this experience isn't changing my mind!

Old 06-23-2019, 01:45 AM
Loanshark IT

DO NOT piss off the pregnant woman. What the pregnant woman wants, the pregnant woman gets.

Words to live by.

Old 06-23-2019, 03:23 AM
Bookkeeper

Maternal instinct is not to be trifled with, and random grabs from strangers can very easily be considered a threat to the baby, even while still incubating.

I'd say it's to her credit she was rational in all other parts of the incident.

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Old 06-23-2019, 04:50 AM
Store Manager

As one who lacks the equipment to ever experience pregnancy, I don't find the shift that odd. If someone just *insists* on handling me, someone's going to wake up with one hell of a headache. It may take me a moment for adrenaline and breathing to get back to normal, but once the problem is handled, it's time to check for damage, then get back to business.

Don't know who the lady is, but if that's how she handles a crisis, I have high hopes for the offspring.

Old 06-23-2019, 06:39 AM
Ex-Puncher of Tickets

Anyone can have that shift. Anyone. I am a gentle bear, but when someone grabbed my arm (my cane arm no less) to try and get my attention, just the sheer look of anger I gave them was enough to make them let go...

Old 06-23-2019, 07:17 AM
Geallta i ngra

That was something I always hated when I was pregnant - the random people who assumed that my burgeoning belly was somehow public property. I don't like being touched by people I don't know well anyway, and having to fend off unwanted unfamiliar hands used to wind me up intensely.

Old 06-23-2019, 10:16 AM
Assistant Manager

I really don't get this need to touch women's pregnant bellies at all (and I actually have the equipment for it too). Like seriously - what the hell?!

(Had a couple of pregnant friends recently and I didn't even ask about feeling it when bubs was kicking)