X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bacon News

Surpluses due to the trade disputes with China:

Pork Pile-Up Continues: Bacon Levels In US Cold Storage Surge To 48-Year High

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/ba...e-48-year-high
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

...And yet I keep hearing that bacon will supposedly cease to exist by some point in my lifetime...>_< I have noticed that this surplus is doing absolutely nothing to reduce bacon prices.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
      ...And yet I keep hearing that bacon will supposedly cease to exist by some point in my lifetime...>_< I have noticed that this surplus is doing absolutely nothing to reduce bacon prices.
      Welcome to the world of price floors.
      This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

I 'member-berry hearing about this "supply and demand" thing back in school actually causing prices to go DOWN when surpluses exist, rather than just the opposite. Guess my teachers WERE wrong
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

Agriculture is a little different than other businesses, Eric.
          This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

In further bacon-related news...*

*Yes it's the Sun.Oh you meant the other sort of baps for your bacon.My mistake.... *
            The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Aye, I know. I am familiar with the practice of using farm subsidies in order to shore up prices by paying farmers NOT to over-produce Nothing wrong with that. Thing is, even with that, we have a surplus for now.

Comment

Working...
              X