This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got a few more,

People who smell and are generally dirty - either like alcohol, b.o. or cigarettes.

People who have yucky teeth or have chew in their mouth, I understand some people can't afford dental, but then there are those who can afford to at least take care of their teeth - and don't.

The lonely people (or kinda crazy too) who trap you and talk and talk and talk and talk. . . . One guy actually tried to sing to me, for no reason (he was a little touched in the head though)!

When I approach someone and say, "can I help you find anything" or something along those lines, they reply, "no just looking." A co-worker will be two seconds behind me and ask the same question, the customers replies, "yes, do you have?" or "I want to see this." Happens to me all too often (although it happens in reverse too, I'll be the one behind my co-worker).

People who ask me a question about something, I'll answer to the best of my knowledge, they say "thank you" turn around and ask a co-worker of mine and get the same answer. What you didn't believe me?

People who are testing out either a camcorder, camera, CD player, whatever and they can't figure out how to get it to work, although they won't give up and hand it to me - who knows how to work the item. They just keep fiddling with it.

I'm sure there are a ton more out there that we're all missing

kg
    This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

I voted for screaming kids because they are always there at any store, running around unsupervised and knocking stuff down, but when the parents see the stuff on the floor do they bother to pick it up, NOOOOO they are too high class to pick up the stuff their hell spwan knocked over.
      KAHN: I thought being smart person in Texas set her apart.

KAHN: If my girl doesn't wrestle, I'll show you who put the sue in Souphanousinphone!

Comment

I voted for the signs.

IMHO, it's best to ignore your screaming child. Paying attention to it or buying it a candy bar to shut it up is bad parenting. It would be nice if you'd remove yourselves from the premises, but it's not really feasible for a lot of parents of young kids to do the shopping without them every time or go home when it screams. Real life gets in the way.

Signs though, they're there for a reason. If you're at all perplexed or confused, read the damned sign first and only THEN ask your question if it's not answered on the sign. And no, do NOT ask me to clarify that what the sign says is correct. That's why the sign's there. Yes, it's correct.

Comment

Quoth Juwl
          Kay: Start screaming right back at them, when they get near you. If nothing else, it confuses them.
          I've done this. The confused/stunned/bewildered look that results just warms the cockles of my heart!

Comment

I voted for the signs. It's been a plague lately.

- Girl makes a lap around the store glancing casually at everything. Girl makes second lap around the store looking more intently at everything. Girl makes third lap around the store, peering down every aisle as if looking for a friend, during which she refuses my offer to help. Girl makes fourth lap around the store glowering at the merchandise. Finally, on her fifth lap, she huffs, "WHERE are your MP3 players?!" I reply, "Up front, under the big black and yellow sign that says 'MP3 Players.'"
            - Guy is looking at projectors. "Do these ever go on sale?" The model he wants is on sale. The tag says "Reg Price $1299. Sale Price $1149 after $150 In-Store Rebate. Offer Ends 7/15/06."
            - See the giant copy of our return policy on the wall next to you? THAT'S where it says we can't take back your four-year-old and broken laptop, even if you claim you bought it here and found it in its current condition when you opened the box.

My other pet-peeves.
            - Call-In Price Matching: If Other Store a block away from me has what you want on sale, why do you call me from home to ask if I'll price match it? The whole point of price-matching is to KEEP you in my store once you're already here.
            - Internet Price-Matching: I don't care how nicely you ask, I will not price match this laptop with one you saw on eBay!
            - The You-Don't-Have-It Blank Stare: When I tell you I don't have the item you're looking for, why do you then just stare at me like I have five heads? Staring doesn't make it appear.
            - In-The-Back Shoppers: I know my inventory. It's a small department. With the possible exception of flash drives, desks, chairs, and RAM, if the item isn't on the shelf, I don't have it. And, no, I will not just go check for you "to make sure."
            - Just to Be Sure: If you call and ask if it's in stock, and I tell you it is, why do you then ask me to make sure? I counted those laptops when I came in an hour ago. There were nine of them at that time. I've sold one. There's eight left. I don't need to look. And calling it "physically verifying" doesn't make your request any less insulting.
            - Returning a Product Because You Didn't Listen: I TOLD you this computer doesn't have a DVD burner. I TOLD you its graphics card wasn't good enough for World of Warcraft. I TOLD you it didn't have MS Office. Don't you DARE try to blame me because the computer won't do what you want it to do. I explained that it would not do what you want, and you took it anyway.

There are more, but I have to go to work.
            I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
            - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
            - IPF

Comment

Working...
            X