Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People say that Ada Lovelace was the first programmer (wrote for Babbage's Analytical Engine - the hardware needed manufacturing capabilities beyond the state of the art at the time he designed it). They're wrong - Eve (of "Adam and Eve" fame) was actually the first programmer. She had an apple in one hand and a wang in the other.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
      People say that Ada Lovelace was the first programmer (wrote for Babbage's Analytical Engine - the hardware needed manufacturing capabilities beyond the state of the art at the time he designed it). They're wrong - Eve (of "Adam and Eve" fame) was actually the first programmer. She had an apple in one hand and a wang in the other.
      And they say girls aren't techies . . .

As for fun in the computer lab, two words come to mind: Tesla coil.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

A hot young female IT worker was appointed to the IT department of an accounting firm and one of her first jobs was to go around and set up new passwords for everybody. One of the male accountants, wanting to embarass her, told her to set his new password as "penis." Without skipping a beat she entered the password.
        She then started to keel over laughing, as the response given was "Password rejected: not long enough."
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
          She then started to keel over laughing, as the response given was "Password rejected: not long enough."
          He should have made his password "bigpenis".

Because then it's 8 characters long...which I've heard is more than enough length for most systems.
          Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
            He should have made his password "bigpenis".

Because then it's 8 characters long...which I've heard is more than enough length for most systems.
            And anyone who truly knew him would never guess that obviously false description of him as his password.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
            X