This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's a first time for everything

An SCs husband actually stood up for me.

As I've posted in other threads, I've been called up front to cashier quite a lot lately. This makes me a very unhappy camper, but I do it. This past weekend I was ringing up an order with the husband standing across from me loading the bagged groceries into his cart. His wife was at the beginning of the lane loading groceries unto the belt.

I had reached for a box of breakfast bars which was sitting right next to another box of the same product. As I grabbed one box, the other fell to the floor. I said, "Oh...sorry" as I reached down to pick up the box.

At that point the wife says in an angry tone, "Is she throwing our groceries on the floor?" The husband looked at her, put his arms out to his side like an umpire does when signaling the runner is safe and quietly says, "Chill!"

Something like that has never happened before. I thought that was pretty cool.

Retail Haiku:
    Depression sets in.
    The hellhole is calling me ~
    I don't want to go.

And yet it's perfectly fine when they toss things arounds the counter and have them fall on the floor...
    "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

"Chill".

The response of a man who married a harpy, knows that he married a harpy, and is resigned to it.
      You just know that Retail Associate wasn't her first target that day.
      Last edited by Boozy; 06-07-2007, 01:36 PM.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
        You just know that Retail Associate wasn't her first target that day.
        Nor will be the last in her life.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
        X