This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC's in the dentist office!

I just remembered this one from a few years ago while I was visiting my dentist. I go twice a year, as many people do, unless you have major problems. While I was in the waiting room, I and the rest of us could hear this altercation with one of the patients and the hygenist. Just then, they called for me and as I was walking through the door, I could hear the following: H will be the hygenist talking:

H: OK, Mr SC, what I found was.......

SC: Look, I don't care what you found, just do what you need to do and stop talking.

H: I need to talk to you because......

SC: Don't talk! Just do! I have a tennis game I have to get to in thirty minutes.

H: Well, Mr SC, I'm afraid this is going to take longer than 30 minutes.

SC: What?!

H: I've been trying to tell you that this is more than a cleaning, which is what you acknowledged when I spoke to you on the phone.

SC: Nobody told me shit! I was told I would be in and out in ten minutes. (Whoa! No general cleaning I've ever had was this fast!) Now, stop talking and just do what I need done.

H: Mr SC, I can do what has to be done, but I cannot do it without disclosing this information to you. If you will not allow me to speak, then I'm afraid we cannot do anything with your teeth today.

SC: Fine! I'll just find myself another dentist! (Found out later, he always makes this threat, but never acts on it. He started to get up to leave, but they stopped him, reminding him he needed to submit his proof of insurance or a payment. He claimed he had no time for that, yet his $80,000 Mercedes-Benz was sitting in the parking lot. He argued with them that he should not have to pay being the hygenist did not work on him, yet he wasted their time with an appointment someone else could have booked in his place).

H: That is, of course, your right. But, we all have obligations to tell our patients what they need to know before we do any work on them.

SC: That's a load of shit.

By this time, the dentist himself came along, wanted to know what was going on, and advised this bastard he does not tolerate profane language in his office. Finally, he left. Meanwhile, the other hygenist was working on me much of the time, but we were both interested in the outcome of this. Also, both rooms are side by side with only a curtain for a wall, so it wasn't as if the noise could be blocked out. After this man left, my hygenist told me she also had dealt with him before, and it's always the same thing. I asked her why they don't just refuse him as a patient, but that was the dentist's call, not hers. She did say they could do without him regardless of it being another patient they would lose and cost money with, but that it also was not worth the headache he causes every time he visits. I caught a glimpse of this man's teeth, and found he really needs to smile with his mouth closed.

I have had both of these hygenists work on me before, and they are both the sweetest, nicest people on the face of the Earth. I always let them speak being I want to know what to expect before the cleaning begins. I hate visiting the dentist, even if it's not a painful experience.

What!

What idiot would let someone poke around inside their mouth without finding out what they are planning to do first?

And even if you are okay with that there are usually options to be chosen from, even something as simple as cleaning.

And if his problem is serious, getting it done now and missing a game may be far better than having a tooth for example break while he hosting a dinner, hiking in the wilderness, vacationing in a country with poor or expensive dental care.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
      What idiot would let someone poke around inside their mouth without finding out what they are planning to do first?
      Doctor: "Alright, we are going to have to cut open your chest and..."
      SC: "I don't care what you are doing, just do it."
      Doctor: "But open heart surgery is very complicated."
      SC: "Just do it. I have a bowling tournament in 15 minutes.

Some people just need to take a chill pill"
      "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

You'd think a dentist's office of all places would have the power to boot crappy customers, or at least do a not very gentle job cleaning whenever they're acting up.
        I know many doctor's offices around have no qualms whatsoever firing patients when they start being pains in the ass.

Comment

I'm always extra nice to hygienists because I know they can hurt you if they want to. lol

Comment

Yes, hasn't he noticed the various sharp pointy objects that dental hygienists carry around with them?
            It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
            -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Working...
            X