Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Then he rattles on about how his dad's a chemist and did you know two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom makes water."

What was THAT? His one fact that he knows?

Comment

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
      IT was mentioned several times on the History Channel, it's on the Who's Who in History on the 5th disk of the Blackadder series, and it's also mentioned in Wikipedia.
      Okay. It's just that people have this strange idea that "people were shorter in olden days." I can accept that the French may have been shorter.
      You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

Quoth Sofar View Post
        Okay. It's just that people have this strange idea that "people were shorter in olden days." I can accept that the French may have been shorter.
        But is is documented that the average human hight has been on a slow but steady increase since recorded history with some cultures being larger and/or smaller than others.

The Biblical "David and Goliath" fight was likely a fight between David at an estimated low 5 foot while Goliath was biblically described as 9 foot but in other texts of the time show that he was only in the upper sixes to lower sevens.

It also depended on where people lived. People born in the New World (Americas) grew larger than their parents and other Europeans still in Europe.

M
        I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Working...
        X