This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airplane Shenanigans.

The other day, we were busy. I mean, holy crap we're out of tables and times to take deliveries busy.

It slows down, everyone's nerves start to cool, and all a sudden, the door opens and we hear: "MOMMY I WANNA QUARTER... WHOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM BRRRRRRRRRDDDRRRRRRRDDRRRR,etc."

Mom, Kid1, Kid2, GrandPa (with walker), Grandma, and nearby Kid3 enter the fray.

Kids 1-2 are playing with toy airplanes (either metal or very hard plastic), and making their own (realisticly loud, heh) sound effects.

First incident: Mrs. S goes out to the drink machine to start making some tea. Kids 1-2 are now throwing the airplanes across the resteraunt and around other customers still making their noises.

Mrs.S presses the button to make more tea, and starts to turn when her calf is assaulted by airplane doom.

Mom: Oh god.. I'm so sorry.. YOU LITTLE HEATHENS SETTLE DOWN AND STOP THROWING THAT.. I'm so sorry.

Mrs.S acts classy and waves it off, saying she has a granddaughter who does the same. Mom and she exchange smiles and part.
    --
    Enter Kid3, who loves making the crashing sounds into squealing like a pig (literally).
    --
    There is a ramp instead of stairs which lead to the hallway (bathrooms and the warhouse conjunct in the hall).

I just HAD to go to the warehouse.

Kids 2-3 are throwing the airplances across the ramp, and don't stop for me. I look to Mom and she screams at them to stop and make room. Kid 1 takes the airplanes as I walk up the ramp and throws one between my legs.

I keep walking, and choose to ignore it, while Mom screams her head off at the Kids 1-3 while they scream back.
    --

On my way back Grandpa is coming up for the bathroom, so I just stay back and hold the door for him.

When he makes it into the hallway, I smile n nod at him and his helper, and he says,"Thank you for your patience."

And in my head, all was forigven (but no forgotten).
    --
    I entrant the story to the coworkers in the kitchen, where I heard Mrs.S's problem, and then Conan telling me how he'd love to just rip 'em to pieces for screaming like that.

We exchange giggles n go back to work.

I forget to mention..

..the owner and managers did NOTHING.

Comment

Considering the mother was attempting to quiet the children and was unsuccessful, they played it right. All that would happen is that they would either get offended and demand free stuff, or they would leave.

Sympathies for the bratty kids... Been there..

Comment

At least mom gave a slight damn. The other day I had a kid who thought it was fun to tip his head back and forth with the bottle of rootbeer in his mouth and let it foam all over the candy/gum rack at the counter. Mom said, "don't do that in the car".

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
        ~Clerks

Comment

o_0

Groooooooooooosssssssssssssss!!

Comment

My friend's little brother (about 4 or 5) kept throwing what he could find at us while we were watching tv. Shoes, a plastic retractable dog leash, even a solid granite coaster that almost hit me right in the face. I was cool up until he threw the coaster, then I knocked him on his ass and told him to sit down and shut up.
            I nearly beat the tar out of him when he threw my Nintendo DS at my head. I caught it (luckily) and dragged him out of the room and locked the door.

OT: I'm from Tennessee, too.
            "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Working...
            X