Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I picked up a two burner camp stove (similar to this one but not a Coleman) at Target one time that I think someone hid to buy later. I was browsing and noticed it stuck behind some air mattress's in the clearance section. Pulled it out, regular price about $30, marked down to $15. Took it over to one of the price checkers and it was coming up $7.50! Mine!

Comment

Quoth Best Made Tacos View Post
      Maybe she had hidden something incredibly valuable in there, then stashed the box for collection later, whilst she was throwing off the pursuit in the other aisles! The box contained an incredibly valuable and rare...something.
      No, maybe she was just stupid and sale crazy.

For some reason, it reminded me of the Sherlock Holmes story about how a thief stole a massive emerald and then sneaked into a factory that made plaster busts of Napoleon and dropped the gem into one of the casts. When he came back to retrieve it, the busts had already been sold to people all over England - thus the thief had to engage in a series of burglaries to try and find the one containing the emerald.

I wasn't thinking Sherlock Holmes when I read this, more like an episode of CSI. More specifically, the one where the grocery store is robbed and they hid some of the money in cereal boxes. Then a customer finds one of the boxes, but before he can take it, he wets himself and the police arrives.
      "But I don't want to be among mad people."
      You can't help that. We're all mad here. Every fucking one of us.

Comment

Quoth Killer Bees View Post
        Man, when you get that cheerios monkey on your back, there's no stopping it

I must admit I've done something similar. When I find a book or a CD that there's only one of and I don't have the money right there and then, I usually hide it somewhere obscure in the store and then come back and buy it when I have the money.
        This works only in stores that don't routinely do scans for misplaced items, quite a few retailers (even smaller ones) do this once every two days at least.

However it works great for a bargain bin sale that's on for a week or so and you just bury the item down at the bottom.

Comment

Quoth bigjimaz View Post
          If I had taken her bribe, that box of cereal would have cost her $11. Why not just get one of the bigger size boxes of the stuff that she hid the smaller box behind? They're only $3.09
          Shh! Don't try to use logic on them, it breaks their mind. Then it takes longer to get rid of them. Believe me, I've tried it before. ><

I find this whole thread kind of ironic, actually. Isn't hiding an item for whatever reason elsewhere in the store kind of an SC thing to do? I know if I worked at a store it would drive me crazy finding stock all over the place like that. In fact I know there have been threads complaining about that very thing on these forums.

So its only ok when we do it? Now we're just being silly.

Comment

Working...
          X