This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mild cursing at annoying kids...

Ok, it isnt huge, but i generally dont swear around customers or even trouble makers. But im on a long stretch. our AC is broken so its aroun 25-30 degrees dead heat (water a plenty to go around and many breaks had by everyone includin managers).

So at the top of our escalators we had about 6 large boxes filled with large balls. The bouncy kin that eople cant help but play with. Some kids come up the stairs and i figure they may be trouble. I tu and talk to a co-worker for a minute and then I look back at the kids.

They are whipping these balls at eachother and at the boxes over and over bouncing balls EVERYWHERE. Im kinda shocked at how blatently stupi this is and go to put a stop to it.

I walk up and say 'HEY! Are you gunna buy those or just dick around with them?'

At this point i look down and notice there s an effing kid INSIDE a box throwing balls out of it.

Nothing major bu it kinda came out like 'What the HELL are you doing!? Get out of there!'

Took 2 min and all of my patience to get them out of that area withou strangling them.

My co-worker asked why i didnt kick them out. I figure if I yell at you once then if you try t pull anything I can just drop kick you out of my store right then and there.

/endrant
    Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Dare I ask where the parents of the little angels were?

Comment

I keep swearing at people at work, not very loud, but I think one of these days I'm gonna get busted
      If for any reason you're not satisfied with our service, I hate you.

Comment

Quoth MrSunshineState View Post
        Probably 10 feet away thinking how cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute it all is.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
          Probably 10 feet away thinking how cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute it all is.

If the parents were that close, they would have raised all hell for yelling at their cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute little darlings. They were probabely the type of people who think toys=babysitter.

Comment

Good point....How about the parents were close enough to SEE the kids, but out of earshot?
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I had a particularly rude SC yesterday, and I did cuss him out as I told him to leave the store. I was in a good mood until that moment, but his attitude just hit me, and I fired back. Shortly afterward, I was in a good mood again.

Per company policy, I carded him for cigarettes even though he was obviously old enough. He refused, and tried to "inform" me that he didn't have to show me his ID. So, I pointed to the sign and told him I'm required to card everyone by company policy REGARDLESS OF AGE.

He said again that he wasn't showing me his ID to buy cigarettes.

I told him I'm not selling him cigarettes then.

"F-ing faggot," were the next words out of his mouth.

"If you're going to talk like that, you can get the hell out of the store." I was mad enough to go over the counter.

He backed away from the counter just out of reach and said it again. I don't even remember exactly how I said it now, but I made some comment about him being the only cock sucker I could see in the store. He went on out the door still running his mouth. At that point, I did grab the phone and go to the door to watch and make sure that he actually left the parking lot.

A few weeks ago, our overnight clerk had an incident in which he refused a cigarette sale to an SC without an ID. The SC then grabbed a pipe wrench out of his truck and proceeded across the lot toward the night clerk's truck. The night clerk was watching him, so he ran out there with an empty mop handle to stop the SC.
              The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Quoth aurelemsrealm View Post
                A few weeks ago, our overnight clerk had an incident in which he refused a cigarette sale to an SC without an ID. The SC then grabbed a pipe wrench out of his truck and proceeded across the lot toward the night clerk's truck. The night clerk was watching him, so he ran out there with an empty mop handle to stop the SC.
                A truck is not work a potential beating with a wrench.

It's much safer (although it can be a lot more hassle), to call police. His truck is there, so you have his license plate number.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

We had two kids, who were no more than 10 and it was after dark, playing with lighters. I yelled at them and they put them down. Why were they out so late? Where were their parents?
                  I have PMS and a black belt. Any questions?

This random moment is brought to you by the letters A D and D.

Comment

I would have called police. Knowing my temper, I probably would have made a threat against his truck in return rather than trying to tackle him physically. It's not a good idea, I realize, but maybe it would distract him long enough for police to get there. You know, his truck gets similarly damaged if my car gets damaged. I've never acted out in such a way, but no one has ever made such threats against me or my property either.
                    The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Quoth MrSunshineState View Post
                      Probably doing what most other embarrassed parents do. Pretended those were someone else's kids and ignored them while shopping in another department.

Comment

Working...
                      X