Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sales tax here in Los Angeles county is 8.25 percent.

We don't get taxed for food, although soda is taxed up one side and down the other.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

The state tax for my city in California is 8%
      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Yup, Seattle is at %8.9

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
          lol a common joke ive heard among the retail worker ive known here involve canadians and sales tax. The laugh about how many times a day during snow bird season they get screamed out because of sales tax. I am sorry but we don't choice and it makes sure everyone is taxed equaly in the state.
          That frankly confuses me, because Canadians are used to some of the highest sales tax rates in the world. Between the federal and provincial taxes here in Ontario, its 14%. Due to the GST, which is nation-wide, there is no province here in Canada where you do not pay some form of tax at the register. And the GST is applied on virtually everything, including clothes and some (convenience) foods.

Canadians should be used to paying sales taxes. SCs confuse me.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
            Canadians should be used to paying sales taxes. SCs confuse me.
            I think it's the fact that they're paying sales-tax that in another country that they have a problem with though, IIRC, they can get most/all of it all refunded at customs when they go back home. They don't want the hassle of doing the paperwork to recover a 'trivial' $2.87 in taxes, yet they still want to make a big stink about keeping the 'trivial' amount of money.
            ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
            And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

It helps if you work at a store that refuses to carry the forms, but it would drive me crazy when I worked at ones where you would have to fill out the form for them if they asked you to - half the time I felt like digging in my pocket for the change just to be done with it.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                Sales tax here in Los Angeles county is 8.25 percent.

We don't get taxed for food, although soda is taxed up one side and down the other.

^-.-^
                It's not tax, it's called the California Redemption Value. They charge you an extra nickel when you buy it, and you get that niclle back if you recycle the thing.

Stupid, I know.
                "Time shall help me face my painful memories with indifference, and with more of it, I won't feel the need to face them at all..."

Comment

We pay a flat VAT (Value Added Tax) of 14%. It's included in the price of all products, so when you get to the till there's no surprises
                  The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Working...
                  X