This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The same steak is different!! (long)

OK, so as a few of you might know, I am now working in the kitchen until I am fully trained in there. So I haven't had any dealings with customers for a few weeks. I've had no complaints about my food...until last night.

This could go under sightings, seeing as I was not directly involved with the customers.

I was left on my own in the kitchen for the very first time. The manager wasn't far, so if I needed help, I could get him. An order came through.

Two steaks, medium rare

I had never cooked a steak before, except for my own at home. But this was for other people, and I was very paranoid about messing it up. I looked up the instructions, and it said 7-8 minutes on the grill for a medium rare steak. OK, I put it on, and preped up the rest of the meal.

I was so paranoid about making the steaks too medium, that I took them off the grill as soon as possible. I plated them up and sent them out. One was with salad, the other with peas important

A few minutes later

Co worker comes in.

CW: Hey, I took these out to a couple, the guy says his steak is a little too rare. The lady says hers is fine, but she wants it kept warm so she doesnt eat on her own.
    Me: Ok, which wants recooked?
    CW: The one with peas

Ok, fair enough, I cooked it for a couple of minutes more, it looked good, I sent it back out.

Co-worker returns.

CW: The lady wants a new steak, she says hers is different.
    Me: What? You gave her the right one right?
    CW: Yeah, hers was with salad. I gave her the one with salad. She says you've given her a different steak.
    Me: Its the exact same steak! Look! There are marks from where she's cut it!
    CW: How long for a new one?
    Me: Ten minutes!
    CW: OK, tell you what...

Co-worker flips the steak over on the plate, so hes taking the exact same one out for a THIRD time.

Co worker comes back.

CW: She says "Now, isn't that better???"

Later, a bar supervisor came in and told me that the lady wanted my name and the number for head office. She said she just doesnt understand how anyone could cook a steak wrong.

The manager has told me not to worry, nothing will come of it (he has A LOT of friends in high places in the company). But still, its a bit upsetting that someone could get so freaked out over something so stupid.

I don't understand perfectionists. I'm not picky about my steak. So long as it's not burnt so much that I'm eating a slab of carbon, or so rare that it's still mooing on my plate, I'm fine with it. That lady needs to get a life, she's obviously not enjoying the one she has.
    A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

sigh... she just wanted to complain... dont worry.

Comment

An old ex roomate of mine had a cat like that. If he didn't eat all his dry food, you could only get him to eat it later if he saw you stir it around with your hand.

Same food, moved around.

So this cat was at least as smart as this stupid woman.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
          An old ex roomate of mine had a cat like that. If he didn't eat all his dry food, you could only get him to eat it later if he saw you stir it around with your hand.

My cat does the same thing. Hell, I don't even have to stir it. Just pick up the bowl and put it back down.

Comment

i was JUST thinking about posting this.

Back in my BK days a man came up complaining about his 'cold' fries. My co-worker kevin says 'I apologize sir let me get you a new batch.'

He takes the fries, dumps them into the empty fry bin, waits a few seconds and puts them back in to the fry cup thing.

Customer satisfied ^^
            Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Comment

Quoth Ms. Pounce View Post

My cat does the same thing. Hell, I don't even have to stir it. Just pick up the bowl and put it back down.
              I shake/toss the dry food around for my cat, and if the bottom of the bowl isn't showing, it satisfies her.
              I think it's based on smell - if it's been sitting for a while, it doesn't smell as much. When you rattle it around, it releases more of the aroma so kitty thinks it's better now. The bottom of the bowl thing is just her being a drama queen diva. lol

Comment

Working...
              X