Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My driveway is NOT a UPS dropoff place!

You can't escape SC's when you leave work... they're coming right up to your front door now, literally!

I was outside in the backyard, mowing, when a UPS truck began to back in. Not much of a deal, I was expecting a package. So, I finished the strip I was mowing and pulled up to the house.

Right behind the truck backing in was a silver Buick, which pulled in after the truck, and stopped right behind it. There were two women and two kids inside. One of the women got out, opened the trunk, pulled out two boxes, and handed them to the UPS driver, who had just left my package. He accepted them, she got back in her car, backed out, and left.

I'm like, WTF? What the heck is so urgent that you need to follow a UPS truck up my driveway so that you can get your packages sent off? Theres plenty of places in town that will ship UPS for you.
    The customer is NEVER right! Unless they're nice...

Quoth nwwaew View Post
    I'm like, WTF? What the heck is so urgent that you need to follow a UPS truck up my driveway so that you can get your packages sent off? Theres plenty of places in town that will ship UPS for you.
    It beats trying to track down a UPS store. I've done similar things in my time. They probably had a prepaid return, which is mostly just handing the box to the driver and heading out.

Comment

1/2 hour drive vs pulling over when you see one of those Brown menaces? Sorry, gotta call partial BS on this one. BUT.. it was rude and sucky of them to come on your property.

Comment

When I spent my 3 weeks working for a purple and orange delivery company like UPS, I had so many people who had missed their delievery and asked me to call the driver so that they could arrange to meet up with him.

They wouldnt believe me when I said that wasnt going to happen and they would have to wait until a new delivery attempt was made because they are running the whole day and dont have time to wait around. I had a couple ask if they could drive around after him and wait until he had a minute spare to grab their package.

I wanted to say "if your package was THAT important...then you would have been home waiting for him!"
        I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Working...
        X