This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a "cashier"!

This really made me mad. It didn't happen to me but it was very inconsiderate and spoiled. I got to witness it though.

These two guys came to my co-workers window and cashed out $210. The one guy was like

Guy1: We should leave a tip. Like ten dollars or something.

Guy2: Why the hell should we? She's just a cashier!

Me:

OOh that made my blood boil! And they walked off laughing. Just a cashier??? I hope he gambles all the money he just won away. To me if he could say that he must not know that tips are essential for some jobs or maybe he lives off of daddy's money. Either or it was a rude thing to say. If he wanted to be such an ass he could've waited until he wasn't face to face with my co-worker.

Though now, whenever someone acts like a jerk we all say: Well, we're just "cashiers."

Like we're nothing. What a jerk.

Sadly, a lot of people just assume that cashier=monkey work. I bet jerks like that have never worked as a cashier or sales person a day in their lives and would have no clue how to handle it if they tried. I don't blame you at all for being pissed, but I guess all you can do is hope that one day they're forced to work a possition that's just as taken for granted.

And the loss of the winnings would be good too.

Comment

Ooo totally. What goes around comes around and one day that person will be in an awkward position.

I'm 'just a cashier' too yet I'm always remarkably nice and am always willing to help customers (not sucky ones though.) Yeah, some cashiers MAKE AN EFFORT. So if I'd heard that too I would have been just as angry.

Stupid pleb. (Let's just hope he loses all his money )

Comment

Hmmmmm? Huh? Somebody call me?

I'm sure there are rules against employees gambling there, so that would rule out the Co-worker winning big during her off hours and being able to rub it in that S.O.B.'s face!

However, it would be great if she won hundreds of millions in a Mega-Millions/Powerball type Lottery. That, of course, added to him losing all of his money, as has been wished above.

And then to carry this little fantasy further, if she would be able to buy the Company that employs him, if he does indeed have a job, and doesn't live off daddy as the O.P. suggested as a possibility.

Mike
        Meow.........

Comment

Obviously cashiers are a valuable resource...as proved time and again by my visits to the "self-checkout" line at ShopRite.

Not everyone is qualified I'm afraid. This is exemplified by the grown adults scrunching their eyebrows, waving product incorrectly over the scanner like someone trying to fan a flame, and the grunts and mutterings of said adults. Then a 16 year old boy comes up to assist in the "self-checkout" lane, and scans the entire order in under one minute to get them the hell out of the store. And perhaps to keep me from killing them b/c they are in front of me.
          If you are thinking to yourself, "Hmmm, should I post this?" it should probably go HERE.

Comment

It seems to me that "mere" cashiers often know much more about products, customer service, what works and what doesn't with customers than just about anyone else in stores.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

The only people ignorant enough to call someone just a cashier, have obviously never BEEN a cashier. I would like to see that arrogant, entitlement-baby run a till for a full (and busy) 8 hour shift. I'll bet he would be crying to go home AND his drawer would probably be as short as hell.

Comment

I almost wish someone had said that to me when I was in the store...then I'd be able to say "No, I'm not JUST a cashier, I'm the HEAD cashier!!"
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                X