Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good god! And I thought I dealt with idiots...what the hell was that lady on to think that crib was left for her to take?!!!
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
      And I expect a menage a trois with Christina Ricci and Holly Hunter with plenty of baby oil.
      Have you fallen out with Anna Paquin?
      "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

I shouldn't really be surprised, but I'm actually finding a lot of recipes for chocolate chip bacon cookies!

Quoth kiwiwinelover View Post
        I think we need to band together, find out where VRS works, come up with some money to rent a place, call and demand he come fix something, then throw him a surprise party.
        Sounds like a plan, Stan!
        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth kiwiwinelover View Post
          I think we need to band together, find out where VRS works, come up with some money to rent a place, call and demand he come fix something, then throw him a surprise party.
          That's actually a good idea. Schedule the party as close to the end of his shift as possible so we can make it a nice alcohol-laden event. Best of all, Dave can sleep it off in one of the spare bedrooms
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Would love an update on this one.. although I fear spineless manager shenanigans.
            I will never go to school!

Comment

Seconded on that update wish... and here's to a manager with a spine laughing that SC off the phone.
              You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

Let's hope they DO get a lawyer. And for the low low price of $200 - $400 per hour, they can tell the SC that they stole a crib and should be glad the cops weren't called on them instead of just their credit card being charged.

It's like renting a condo and then deciding you like the end table and taking it with you.

"But it was here when I got here! So I'll just assume I can take it with me for free!"

Comment

Okay, you're an asshole!
                  Ba-dum-chh.

Comment

betting the customer tries to contact the credit card company to get the bill reversed
                    only that means dave's company gets contacted and they state what happened and... the charges stay put

yeesh

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                      I am guessing that most of the people that threaten legal action DO know this, but are hoping that their threat of it will make the other party weak in the knees and succumb to their argument. Which, sadly, all too often happens.
                      Which is just silly. ANYONE can have a lawyer after all

I have a friend who is a principal of an elementary school.

Whenever he confers with parents who pull out the "I'll call my lawyer" card he just replies in a very quiet and calm voice, "You know, we have lawyers too."

He says the reaction is always the same. Shocked silence followed by immeditate backpeddling. It's like they've pulled that card out so often to get what they want that it no longer even occurs to them that other people can and WILL hire lawyers too. Sort of like the idiots who try to rob a gun shop.
                      Last edited by Dips; 07-08-2010, 01:03 PM. Reason: typo
                      The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Back when I worked for the Chain of Verylarge Stores, one of the available bennies was Legal Services. They'd take $6.95 a week out of my paycheck, and I could see a lawyer any time I needed one. Didn't even have a copay.

(Only caveats were, I couldn't use the lawyer to sue the Chain, and it was for non-commercial use only. Saved me about eleven grand when I bought my house, but I had to pay $150 to have him do up the lease for my tenant, because that was considered commercial.)

So any time someone threatened me with legal action, like the doctor who sent my wife a bill for $693 for "stabilization of newborn" when he never even walked into the delivery room, I just told him, bring it on, Doc, I've got a free lawyer and I ain't afraid to use him. I'll tie you up in court so long that you'll burn on legal fees more than you stand to gain from extorting this money from me. Never heard from him again.

Of course this is at home. At work, the moment I hear the L word I cease all communication with the customer, except to give them the number for our legal department. If you're threatening to sue the Chain, I'm not talking to you any more, because I don't want to give you any more ammunition for your hypothetical suit. This tends to backfire on those SCs who think that by waving their lawyer at me (who may or may not exist outside the SC's fevered imagination) they can intimidate me into doing anything they want.

Comment

I would think that parents who can afford a vacation in the first place should be able to eat an unexpected 60 dollar expense. If not they shouldn't vacation someplace that will cost them money.

Comment

If I were you I would tell the property owner that the guest stole the crib from them, give them the guest's info and tell them to press charges. Then again I'm an evil bitch.
                            ......../\
                            ....../__\
                            ..../\...../\
                            ../__\../__\

Comment

Quoth Sarah Valentine View Post
                              If I were you I would tell the property owner that the guest stole the crib from them, give them the guest's info and tell them to press charges. Then again I'm an evil bitch.
                              You say that like it's a bad thing!
                              Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Working...
                              X