• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SC: Guess Who
    Me: Yep

SC: I wanted to check the rates
    ME: What dates are you looking for?
    SC: *wants a hotel room for one night over a nearly sold out weekend with a two night minimum*
    ME: Well, we have a two minimum during that period of time, its a *team* vs *team* weekend so its more expensive than normal.
    SC: You mean I can't get one night? *SC sighs in annoyance* but my friend got 6 rooms for one night.
    ME: I'm sorry sir, because our other two hotels are sold out, and that's the only hotel with any rooms, its a two night minimum.
    SC: What are the rates then?
    ME: *gives him the rates*
    SC: So what this is how you treat your customers so rude and blunt and you aren't willing to work with us at all?
    Me: *wth? How was I rude?* I'm sorry sir, I didn't think I was being rude. There isn't anything that I can do about rates over nearly sold out weekends. I don't have the power to wave those or change a night minimum.
    SC: So even after we got thrown out our last stay at 3 am due to alarms going off, you can't do anything for me?
    ME: I didn't realize that you had problems with your last stay. Since it seems that special circumstances happened, I can't do anything to agree to it so I will have to send you to the front desk to speak with a manager and they can help you.
    SC: Yeah well, you'd better. Useless talking to you.
    ME: *transfers him after telling him to ask for*

Wth was that?
    Last edited by Moirae; 08-25-2011, 12:58 AM.

Comment

Simple. You refused to break company policy to give him what he wanted. To an SC, that equals "rude".
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Yeah. I've had people flip out on me when I've told them I won't match an internet rate over special rates (the manager made a booboo updating the website) because it was over $100 a night lower than the rate I was supposed to be quoting. I even told one once that I'd get fired if I did it because it resulted in an $800 difference due to the number of nights. He told me he didn't care, when I still refused it, he hung up on me.

I don't know how that equals rude, but apparently it does in some twisted way.

I am soooo burned out.

Comment

Working...
        X