This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
    I'm rude because we don't accept Apple/Samsung Pay. As if I decide what we can take as payment (if only...).
    I'm often rude cuz we don't have touch available as a pay option, even tho that famous store "Everywhere Else" has it.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Comment

I'm rude for having to explain 'quantity' in small words to some people.
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
        I'm rude for having to explain 'quantity' in small words to some people.
        Story, please.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
          One time I employed a bit of self-depreciating humor about one of my physical features I felt was not my best due to being out of proportion. Apparently she had the opposite view and would've liked to trade with me; therefore I must be subtly bragging.
          erm, would that be a specific "womans" attribute you were referring to? *grin*
          Last edited by lineswine; 01-21-2016, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
            Story, please.
            Not much really, just people who are somehow smart enough to find the option/number for an item sold per-piece yet when faced with "Enter Quantity" stare dumbly and hammer the "Need Help" button until a CW pulls me away from an actual problem to deal with the stupid. I then have to ask "How many do you have?"
            "How many?"
            "A number. Here you have three, so type 3 and hit the green button that says 'OK' and put them on the belt." SC stands there, item disappears from the screen as they never put it on the belt.
            "Why it not go?"
            "You didn't put it on the belt. You have 3, so press the number 3 and the green button. Now put it on the belt like it tells you to."

If the SC happens to be one of our scammers, we can go to the bonus reel!

"No, I have one." *SC mashes the '1' key, predictably the scale sends it back as the weight doesn't match*
            "No, you have three." *enters 3 for them and completes the process*
            SC flips out. "No, I have one!" *read: I only want to be charged for one*
            Me: "OK, so you're only buying one." *bring bag back, void 3, ring in 1 and take the extra 2 out of the bag, holding them until I see SC leave* I then proceed to ignore further rantings as they did get what they paid for, they can't involve a manager without revealing the scam.
            Last edited by Dreamstalker; 01-22-2016, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Today I'm rude because I will not allow you to lie to my face without calling you on it. Bonus points if I already FULLY know and have already verified the truth.

Comment

Dreamstalker, how do the scammers expect that scam to work? Other than hoping the machine won't notice they're bagging more than they're ringing up, and then ending up thwarted by the lowly employee?

And I will never understand people who insist on going to the self-checkouts, then just stand there staring dumbly at the screen before asking me what to do when the screen is showing them a short repeating video clip of what to do. Like bagging the item. The screen shows a hand putting the newly-scanned item into the bag. The customer stands there staring at it before asking me what to do now, still holding the item. I tell them to put it in the bag, they do, and the machine continues on its way. Until they get to the next item, that is, when they have to ask again.

The only time I've had to hit the "call for help" button of late was when I scanned my coupon, the machine told me where to put the coupon, I dropped it in the slot, and the machine just kept showing me putting it in the slot. I don't know if it's because the machine automatically duplicated the coupon (I think that store just does coupon-matching or something; all I know is I scanned once and the screen showed "duplicated coupon" immediately with the price taken off of the two qualifying items) but was waiting for me to actually drop two in the slot when I couldn't, or if the sensor for the coupon slot was malfunctioning. The problem cleared itself shortly after I hit the call button, so I suspect the cashier knew what was going on and cleared it from her podium.
                "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

technophobia

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                  And I will never understand people who insist on going to the self-checkouts, then just stand there staring dumbly at the screen before asking me what to do when the screen is showing them a short repeating video clip of what to do.
                  As I've said elsewhere, the problem here is literally, technophobia. They are not looking at the screen because the machine is scary, and their rational faculties are shut down by anxiety. ("Fear is the mind-killer...") I saw this a few times way back when I was doing tech support.... To deal with this effectively, you need to address the anxiety first, starting with a comforting attitude.

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                    Dreamstalker, how do the scammers expect that scam to work? Other than hoping the machine won't notice they're bagging more than they're ringing up, and then ending up thwarted by the lowly employee?
                    The weight sensors are pretty good save for bakery items and garlic (per piece, but individually weigh so little that you can get 2 or 3 through rung up as one). What they're hoping for is that the store is so busy and/or a shift change at SCO so nobody's paying attention to them. Also, customers are allowed to move to the bagging area before paying, so if the belt sends something back they will ring up one and carry the other two around the sensors.

Our SCO 'podium' is actually just another register sans scale, so we can't clear any mistaken calls for help from there and have to go over to each and every one.

Comment

Working...
                    X