Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Racist Girl Scout Leader(kinda longish)......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank GOD this woman got a bit of what she deserved!
    ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

Comment

Oooh - did it make the newspapers?

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Crow The Robot View Post
        Update: The woman was banned from our store, and banned from being involved with scouting, our manager aclled and reported the woman.
        There is hope for the human species!

Kudos to the manager for taking that racist hag down! I sincerely hope that troop gets a much better leader, one who won't poison their minds with hateful evil.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I really can't imagine someone acting like this and actually being serious! And then demanding $200 giftcards? This is strange.....wow!

I mean, I am sure she has encountered black people before. If she has a daughter...does she not go to school with any black people? If she goes to a bank, does she refuse service from a black teller? At a restaurant, does she refuse service from a black waiter? What about the people preparing the food? Does she have to inspect kitchen staff?

This is unimaginable!

And the fact that she will probably stay a scoutmother is crazy! I guess it is an all white troop.....horrid!

Reall odd!
          Last edited by WHShit; 08-09-2006, 10:49 PM.
          "If it offends one person, it effects everyone".....me, on the PC world in which we dwell.

Comment

Once the scout troop gets a new leader they shouldn't have much problem getting a store to let them set up camp, but it does sound like they need to watch their behavior and stop harrasing people into buying cookies. I run into the same problems with Boy Scouts. They may do alot of good things, but their policies on sexual orientation and religion are bigoted and they're not getting a dime out of me and should be ashamed of trying to make me feel guilty.
            Mon aéroglisseur est plein des anguilles!"

Comment

Quoth allniter
              Come on people, be a b*tch for once in your life and cuss these losers out, or remain forever as just one of them.
              I can understand your sentiment, but in all honesty in "this day and age" most people would be so rattled and taken aback by the person's (and I use the term VERY loosely) behavior that they wouldn't know what to say or do. I haven't been in a situation exactly like the one described, but I have been witness to similar behavior (off the wall, out of the blue, outrageous demands followed by screaming and yelling). Personally, I didn't know what to say or do, and neither did anyone around me. We just kind of stared at them, wide-eyed and blinking, until they finished their tirade and left.

In all honesty, though, in situations like that with someone who is obviously unstable, sometimes its just better to allow someone with authority to step in. In spite of the fact that you may be able to threaten and/or sue, the situation could just as easily escalate to something out of your control (especially because you have no idea what that kind of person may have on them)...
              ...don't you know the first law of physics? "Anything that's fun costs at least $8.00."
              - Cartman

Comment

I am so glad that woman is banned from scouting. I was a girl scout all the way through high school, and it was such a wonderful experience for me. Of course, my mom and my best friend's mom were the troop leaders since none of the other mothers wanted all the extra work, so I was safe from ignorance on that level for the most part. I do remember a woman once at camp that made me say a prayer before eating. Of course, she wasn't banned for something that really was relatively minor, but she did have to attend a GS-hosted tolerance seminar to continue as a troop leader after I told my mom she made me pray. For that matter, all scout leaders have to attend them every so often, and also abuse awareness seminars and so forth. So I know they take tolerance issues very seriously. I just hope your SC hasn't warped those little kids' minds too badly already!
                Dips: The best karma happens when you let a jerk bash themselves senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

Comment

If the child of that RGSL does become a leader, we are all doomed.
                  Op.125

Comment

Quoth Format C View Post
                    If the child of that RGSL does become a leader, we are all doomed.

Maybe she'll be rebellious....

Comment

May RGSL's kids all be Goths and Rastafarians.

Comment

Well, I was GS for 10 years and I can't even believe they would even let a person like her be a troup leader. I mean none of my leaders would ever act like and oh, my god don't get me started on how they were selling cookies. I mean that's just unethical and goes against what GS is.

Well, I'm assuming that they didn't hassle minorities into buying cookies.
                        Yours truly, Robyn unless your an SC
                        My space
                        Facebook

Comment

Hell, I hate those people that stand infront of stores trying to sell stuff like that. They're always selling doughnuts and cookies and they try to give you a freaking guild trip on your way to do your shopping. I'm glad my old store had a no soliciting policy.

Comment

Quoth csdrone View Post
                            May RGSL's kids all be Goths and Rastafarians.
                            There we go--Goth Scouts! Wait until THOSE start showing up on the cookie boxes next to the girls of other races they already have!

I don't mind organizations wanting to limit membership to people who meet certain requirements IF they're up front about it so people

1) know before joining whether their friends are welcome

2) are forewarned they're associating with a controversial mindset

3) can determine whether they might someday be discovered to be part of an unwelcome demographic
                            I second that Frederick Douglass quote--unfortunately, so do a lot of SCs.

Comment

Did it manage to get into the newspapers? Did you report her there? That would be the best way to get revenge, especially as you had witnesses.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Crow The Robot View Post
                                (edit)

Oh, their was a sign on the back of her van. "I am a Girl Scout Mother, My child is a future leader."
                                whatever. I see too many bumper stickers that seem self-righteous.
                                HI, I'M NEW TO ALL OF THIS wave of approval ™©®

Comment

Working...
                                X