Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for sharing. I like the reference to SkyTrain, as I live in Vancouver. It's a bit like that sentimental feeling every Canadian gets when he/she sees something Canadian in a movie or on TV that's clearly not trying to depict anything in Canada.

And about the Wisa comment, I'll bet that was from a native Chinese speaker, particularly Cantonese, as am I. Since there are no Vs in Chinese, the closest sound is W. It's either that or Fisa. Take your pick. :P

Comment

Quoth friggle View Post
      And about the Wisa comment, I'll bet that was from a native Chinese speaker, particularly Cantonese, as am I. Since there are no Vs in Chinese, the closest sound is W. It's either that or Fisa. Take your pick. :P
      Yes, a large portion of my callers are not native English speakers since we're based out of the lower mainland. Vancouver is immensely multi-cultural.

That guy however didn't sound Cantonese ( or Mandarin ). Which made it all the more odd.

Comment

a) Tell me why I want a deku stick every time i see spider webs,
        b) Figure out why I call alliance in wow "lions"
        c) always, ALWAYS properly differentiate between "your" and "you're" and want to disembowel anybody who doesn't, and
        d) start drinking
        a) Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time (since that's where it happened first ). But a stick isn't enough, you need fire, too. If all else fails, always use fire
        b) No idea... Every time I hear "lions" I think Squall from FFVIII, but he was a SeeD, so I doubt it's that
        c) Personally, I don't get why it's so difficult to know the difference
        d) Well, dang... I prefer much healthier ways of killing the stupid than alcohol, sadly.
        "You're a ninja. You can't be a fan of pirate rock"

Comment

I had much different and much less flattering terms for Alliance. Though they did still, at times, involve mammals.

Comment

Working...
          X