This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirty bathrooms & the morons who complain about it

I can understand when customers complain about dirty bathrooms. Cleaning the bathnrooms on the weekends is a challenge cause so many people use them. We clean them as best and as fast as we can cause we can't deny morons their pee & poop privledges...lol.
    BUT what I don't understand is when you're in the midst of cleaning the bathrooms & customers get pissy about it? No matter how fast you are, it's still not fast enough to suit them!
    What I'd love to say to them is this.."Just let me clean the bathroom so you can be free to fuck it up again!" OR "IF you gotta go that bad then pee or piss on the floor!"
    Ah just once! LOL!

I have to wonder just what in the hell people in CSU are DOING inside our bathrooms. I sometimes walk into the bathrooms to find piss and shit all over the floor, in the sink, in the urinals, even on the walls, and in general, everywhere BUT inside the toilets. Even some people have done stuff like scribble on the wall with shit.

Do I have to put some of these guys in DIAPERS if they can't properly use the toilet like a civilized human being? One of our janitors retired from the Air Force and is old enough to be my grandfather and is only doing this because he's bored. (he comes to the Subway a lot) He doesn't have to put up with that!
    Kangaroo Squee!

Comment

Damn. I worked as a boy scout camp counselor a few summers. I could write *volumes* about what our idiot campers would do to the bathrooms. They'd trash them, in other words. We'd come in when they were doing activities...and find TP all over the place, water (we hoped!) on the floors, soap or shampoo smeared all over the showers. But, the absolute bastards were the Picasso-wannabes who would smear *shit* all over the stalls, walls, and other areas. WTF? Who the hell does that?

In fact, one week it was so bad, the *entire* staff, myself included, threatened to quit over it. We simply got tired of cleaning things up, only to have it get trashed less than 10 minutes later. Then we'd get campers (and their idiot leaders) complaining about the mess. Yeah, the mess *you* created. Needless to say, it didn't fly with the camp director. She was called "Dragon Lady" for good reason--she didn't put up with any shit, pun intended End result was that all facility bathrooms were locked, along with the showers...and all the campers had to use the latrines in their own campsites....which *they* were responsible for cleaning. Sucked to be them
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Yuckity yuck yuck. My worst bathroom story is when I worked at Media Play. I dread hearing about store liquidations, and this is just another reason why. When Media Play was dying it's last breath, our shoppers were scum. Seriously. You'd have a shopper who was hopefully a decent human being the rest of the year come into our store and turn into a raging, discount-driven, scum-bag asshole.

Because we stopped paying for janitorial service, management got the privelage of cleaning the crapper. And hoooy boy was that an experience. Crap on walls, the sink, everywhere. Piss everywhere. Lord help me, blood everywhere (seriously, I'm a woman myself, but WTF!!) No sooner was the bathroom cleaned, it was utterly and disgustingly trashed within an hour. The customers complained and you better believe the employees complained. And the allmightly liquidater refused to let us close the bathrooms so at least the employees could crap and pee in peace. Instead, we finally just let the bathrooms rot and skipped to the coffee place next door to use the facilities (They were very nice about it, bless them). Never in my life have I seen the horror that were those bathrooms. People went out of their way to destroy them constantly. I was glad when that portion of retail hell finally ended, even if I was out of a job.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

We never clean the bathrooms on the the plane. If they get dirty just block them off. We are not cleaners and serve food so it would be a bit icky to clean the loo and the serve our premium class passengers with their delicious food!
          No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

Somehow I've avoided walking into a shitfest bathroom. I don't know how, but I'm thankful.
            The thing that gets me is people who don't flush. I mean, you came into the bathroom, took a shit in the toilet, so you clearly know how this works, but you just get up and leave and don't flush? You're almost there, but you fail on the last step.
            It's like people who forget to sign checks. You're writing on it with a pen in your hand; it's right there, but you don't do it for whatever reason.
            Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

We've had our share at the big blue box. Just once, I'd love to see these monkeys get caught by the staff.
              "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

This reminds me of the time I went to Girl Scout group camp with my Brownie/Junior troop, of which my mom was the leader. I was 11 or so at the time. My cabin-mates and myself were woken up at two am by Sarge, my troop's co-leader. Sarge was really nice, unless you ticked her off- then she lived up to her nickname. Sarge told us to go line up by the bath house. Eventually everyone in the Holly Hill campsite showed up. Sarge said someone had thought it would be funny to poop all over the shower and to write/draw on the walls with it. We were to stay standing there until the person who did it admitted to it.
                After about two hours, one of the Brownies from another troop said she did it. They made her clean the bathrooms and showers (four of each), by herself for the rest of the week.

I am glad we do not have a public restroom at work.

Comment

Quoth AriGriffin View Post
                  This reminds me of the time I went to Girl Scout group camp with my Brownie/Junior troop, of which my mom was the leader. I was 11 or so at the time. My cabin-mates and myself were woken up at two am by Sarge, my troop's co-leader. Sarge was really nice, unless you ticked her off- then she lived up to her nickname. Sarge told us to go line up by the bath house. Eventually everyone in the Holly Hill campsite showed up. Sarge said someone had thought it would be funny to poop all over the shower and to write/draw on the walls with it. We were to stay standing there until the person who did it admitted to it.
                  After about two hours, one of the Brownies from another troop said she did it. They made her clean the bathrooms and showers (four of each), by herself for the rest of the week.

I am glad we do not have a public restroom at work.

I don't get it. What's funny about pooping all over a shower & writting all over the walls with your own waste? To do that kind of nonsesnse you have to be one sick puppy.

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                    Never in my life have I seen the horror that were those bathrooms. People went out of their way to destroy them constantly.
                    Not that I ever want this to happen to any store, but it surprises me that their bathroom 'habits' didn't ever cross into the actual store outside of an occasional fitting room sharting or dripping pissed-in shopping cart. Based on the bathroom encounters with shit dripping from the ceiling and smeared everywhere, you'd think that the customers would enthusiastically and regularly carry the shit out of the bathroom and make little mountains on the shelves or fill the cups in the Housewares dept. with their piss!

I dunno, but I'd actually like to meet one person who actually smeared shit all over the bathroom (of course after they clean themselves up) to ask them how they can stick their hands in the mess in the first place. That is the first barrier that I can't get past thinking about, let alone the actual deed of moving it outside of the toilet!

"In cases of customer bathroom emergencies, the toilet itself becomes less of a goal and more of a loose suggestion." - Shamus

Comment

I've used many public bathrooms in my short life, and luckily, the grossest thing I've seen are unflushed toilets.

Still, what is it about public bathrooms that causes certain people to revert to the mentality of an understimulated chimpanzee at a sleazy roadside zoo? Excrement contains tons of nasty stuff, including hepatitis and ebola! It makes me wonder what their bathrooms at home look like...

Comment

Quoth Toujin View Post
                        Still, what is it about public bathrooms that causes certain people to revert to the mentality of an understimulated chimpanzee at a sleazy roadside zoo? Excrement contains tons of nasty stuff, including hepatitis and ebola! It makes me wonder what their bathrooms at home look like...
                        I think this is due to 3 parts: a) Anonymity, b) Lack of responsibility and c) Lack of reprimand. The SCs can remain totally anonymous (save for a DNA test, which should be mandatory for all devastating shartings!) and get away with completely destroying a restroom with their filth without anyone ever knowing who did it, since cameras aren't allowed in there for surveillance. The lack of responsibility also plays a role in this situation because the SC never has to clean their droppings.

The lack of reprimand is also a major problem because most stores are not allowed to sanction/punish a customer for farking a bathroom up. You could be cleaning a bathroom and an SC could walk right up to you and shit on the floor in a decisive, quick move and I'm sure you would be the one in trouble if you tell management the customer did it right in front of you! (sorry for the horrible example! )

I'm all for a stricter bathroom policy at retail stores as follows:
                        1. One customer allowed in the bathroom at once, no exceptions.
                        2. A designated highly-paid Bathroom Services™ employee MUST examine the bathroom for 'property damage' after each customer's visit, while the customer waits in a holding pen beside the exit door. No mess = customer is free to exit the bathroom. Mess = mandatory customer clean-up that first starts with getting rid of the waste with the customer's bare hands, then they must clean the rest of the bathroom with a toothbrush and highly toxic, smelly cleaning chemicals (both at their own expense, of course) before leaving the bathroom.
                        3. In cases of intentional bathroom damage, the customer, after cleaning, would be banned from the store for life, and must pay the store a $500 fine, due immediately. If they can't pay it, they must work two weeks unpaid at the customer services department and be given the worst SCs to deal with.
                        4. A police officer with handcuffs ready would be at the waiting should a damaging-bathroom SC complain about anything said above, up to and including jail time if they refuse to pay the $500 fee or work the two weeks. 5. Employee at bathroom door must be tipped $2.99 for their services during the customer's bathroom visit, and the rate goes up to between $59.99 and $299.99 when an SC destroys the bathroom, depending on the severity of the damage.
                        Last edited by I_Hate_SCs; 01-27-2009, 03:39 AM.

"In cases of customer bathroom emergencies, the toilet itself becomes less of a goal and more of a loose suggestion." - Shamus

Comment

My store has (or at least used to have, since I guess she's banned) a "fingerpainter."

She'd come into the store, go in the womens restroom, and make stinky art.

Enjoy the thought, kids.
                          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                            My store has (or at least used to have, since I guess she's banned) a "fingerpainter."

She'd come into the store, go in the womens restroom, and make stinky art.

Enjoy the thought, kids.

At big lots, we had a regular too. We called him "shit van gogh".
                            Check out my cosplay social group!
                            http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

Quoth PrincessKatieAirHostess View Post
                              We are not cleaners and serve food so it would be a bit icky to clean the loo and the serve our premium class passengers with their delicious food!
                              No offense but why just your "premium class passengers??" or was that a bit of a joke?

I fly often and always "coach" class because it's cheaper. I'd like to think I'm as important as the snobs in Business and Premium class. I couldn't afford to travel so often if I paid for such an expensive ticket!
                              It's been a long, long, long, long time...

Comment

Working...
                              X