Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do the nice guys have to date the mega-b**ches?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lot of the time it's cuz the girl has major jealousy issues; like an encounter I had once of a woman who turned into the bitch from hell when she came to the till and saw me chatting to her husband. Cuz on the tills, you are told to talk to customers and he was really nice and not at all lechy; he was just being a genuine nice bloke. She however was acting like a total hag. -.-
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Comment

The jerks out there are manipulative, and they know how to get what they want. Or what they think they want. If they want to get married, they get married. They find someone whose buttons they can push, and they push them over and over and over. It gets to the point where the other person forgets what life was like without the asshole, and they think that either they really are as bad as the other person has conned them into believing they are, or that any other relationship would be just the same.

As we all know, having seen it many times at work, any two-year-old can manipulate. Take someone with the will of a two-year-old, but with many more years of experience in working on people, and you have a force to be reckoned with.

Comment

My sister who is a total bitch (yes, really, she's that way all the time) is married to a very sweet guy. She has forbidden him to have anything to do with my mother (who she hates) and he's told her 'that's my mother-in-law and I'll talk to her if I want to', and she threw a major fit. She pitches a fit whenever he does something she doesn't like (or anyone else, for that matter). She's very manipulative and emotionally/verbally abusive.

I have no clue why he stays with her but then...I have no clue why women stay with men who are abusive, either.
        My dollhouse blog.

Blog about life

Comment

Quoth NightWatch View Post
          I dunno, I see a lot of girls dating d-bags too. I think it's cuz both males and females think that's how all members of the opposite sex are, so they just accept that sort of behavior.
          Not all of us accept guys who act like total jerks. One of the reasons I'm still single . . .
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Speaking from experience when I was younger and naive: Its because she wasn't a bitch queen at first, but by the time we realized the trap was closing in on us it was too late. But we're still too nice to drive a stake through her heart while she's sleeping in her casket and escape into the countryside.

I did escape eventually, but yeah. I heard that a lot from female friends in the later stages of that relationship. I bet if you had asked him why he stayed with her his response would have been the same one I had at the time: "I don't know" possibly followed by slipping you a note that said "HELP ME". Smart enough to know he's trapped but too nice to figure out a way to break it off.

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
              Speaking from experience when I was younger and naive: Its because she wasn't a bitch queen at first, but by the time we realized the trap was closing in on us it was too late. But we're still too nice to drive a stake through her heart while she's sleeping in her casket and escape into the countryside.

I did escape eventually, but yeah. I heard that a lot from female friends in the later stages of that relationship. I bet if you had asked him why he stayed with her his response would have been the same one I had at the time: "I don't know" possibly followed by slipping you a note that said "HELP ME". Smart enough to know he's trapped but too nice to figure out a way to break it off.
              You made my mouthfull of water come out my nose. That was HILARIOUS. Thanks.
              Last edited by jjllbb; 07-26-2009, 11:44 PM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

It's kinda sad when you see people like that...I get a weird phenomenon; my shop is designer so I get a lot or rich folk in; rich folk who can afford a LOT of botox. So the women all have bleached hair, tanned and botoxed skin and their husbands just look their age. Its a total giveaway. Or maybe there are a lot of 'sugadaddies' out there..

Comment

Quoth chocoBug View Post
                  It's kinda sad when you see people like that...I get a weird phenomenon; my shop is designer so I get a lot or rich folk in; rich folk who can afford a LOT of botox. So the women all have bleached hair, tanned and botoxed skin and their husbands just look their age. Its a total giveaway. Or maybe there are a lot of 'sugadaddies' out there..
                  super tanning and bleaching hair is all fine and well. I don't care for the look myself but it's not a really bad look until their faces start looking stretched or artificial. Then it's just plain gross.

Comment

Quoth Nekojin View Post
                    The jackass is a jackass to everyone but his girl; that makes her feel special. The nice guy is nice to everyone, so the girl doesn't feel special when she's with him - he's just as nice to everyone else as he is to her.
                    That makes sense.

When you're a nice guy (I THINK I'm a nice guy. Either that, or I'm just a deluded jerk who ALSO has no luck with women, so that would be double-fail) I guess you can kinda come off as insincere... if you're nice to everyone, then maybe you AREN'T as interested in her as she thought. Works the other way too.

The jerks are just more... obvious I guess. If a completely hateful person is interested in you, usually they don't have any decency or concern about the feelings of others to be subtle about it. And if you've spent years floundering around in uncertainty, seeing lots of pleasant faces who you can NEVER be sure if they actually like you, or are just being polite... that sort of certainty is like a beacon. And by this point, you might just have well convinced yourself you're not going to find anything better.
                    Check out my webcomic!

Comment

i've seen this in person actually...

my best friend, he's a nice guy, i've known him since first grade, he found himself a girlfriend, good for him i thought... until he asked me to come pick them up, since i had a drivers license and a car, i sat waiting in my car, and spotted my friend on his way to the car, and on his arm, a pretty cute girl, we said our hellos and they got into the car, and we started driving....

at the time, i had a '85 Volvo 244DL, not exactly modern or sporty, but as we were driving, she couldn't stop whining, complaining and making fun of my car, nto in a joking funny way, just a complete bitch about it, as i dropped them off, she no longer looked like a cute girl, she looked like a creature from the depths of hell, out hunting for prey, i'm pretty sure i could see flames coming out of her wretched hate spewing mouth.

when i were on my own with my friend, i pretty much smacked him and asked if he was nuts
                      thankfully, the relationship didn't last long, and now he's pretty much engaged to the sweetest girl ever.

so good guys seem to be able to meet good girls too... just seems rare

now... if only i could find a normal somewhat sane'ish girl too
                      Rawr

Comment

These must be the same creatures (of either sex) that we all witness at various places. The ones who sit silently whilst their partner throws a tantrum over something like a misshapen Chicken McNugget.

Particularly the ones who don't even seem embarassed by the bad behavior.

Are they so accustomed to it that they've become numb?

My exes certainly have their faults, but neither one of them would have sat idly by if I dared to act the fool in public. Don't get me wrong...I've acted the fool MANY a time (), but I've never verbally abused customer service staff.

And vice-versa, there's no way I'd ever allow any mate of mine to verbally abuse anyone.

It really, REALLY makes me wonder sometimes.
                        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Sometimes the mega-bitches are just really, really pretty.
                          I'm a nice guy, and I've all but fawned over mega-bitches before.
                          "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Quoth Jack T. Chance View Post
                            What 'choo talkin' 'bout, Willis?

I'M a nice guy... and when it comes to love, I'm the proverbial one, at that... I always finish last.
                            If any guy wonders why this is a GOOD thing, I just remind them of the double entendre that consists purely around the word....

"Finish".

Believe me, Jack. Being a nice guy and finishing last is probably going to earn you a repeat performance.

But if you're the proverbial "nice guy", well, then.

Stay the fuck away from women. No, seriously. If you're engaged in "nice guy syndrome" - the shoulder to cry on, the supportive, caring, happy-to-eat-ice-cream-and-watch-the-View friend who is male, then you're subordinating your desires in order to cater to someone else's.

That way lies Doormat. Don't go there. You're better off just channeling your nice guy tendencies into doing something YOU want to do and inviting the girl to come with you.

In each of these instances (and being a guy who has a smoking hot girlfriend), I saw a guy who's charming, likeable, and interesting engaging with what I would assume are nice women who are at the very least passably attractive. Guys don't jockey for social dominance in the same way women do. So by being all bitchy up in your grill, she gets to reassert alpha femalehood in his life.

The underlying assertion is, "That's my hunk of man-meat, harpy, and you're my serf. Now bag those groceries and be snappy!"

That assertion comes from someone who's far, far too insecure about the guy she's with and whether she has the ability to keep her sheep from straying too far from her labial fold.

I usually find that people who are in good stable, happy relationships where they're quite content with their partner wind up disengaging entirely from that particular game.

Comment

The above postings reminded me of this poster.

(Picture of half nude supermodel type woman) "REALITY No matter how good she may look now, somebody, somewhere is tired of putting up with her shit."
                              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth thedrunkenmonkey View Post
                                If any guy wonders why this is a GOOD thing, I just remind them of the double entendre that consists purely around the word....

"Finish".

Believe me, Jack. Being a nice guy and finishing last is probably going to earn you a repeat performance.

You had to go and say that to ME, didn't you? I am a MAJOR pervert, so I know EXACTLY what you're hinting at, and, well... I'm not the type to brag, so I'll just plead the 5th.
                                Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                                The above postings reminded me of this poster.

(Picture of half nude supermodel type woman) "REALITY No matter how good she may look now, somebody, somewhere is tired of putting up with her shit."
                                BWA HA HAHAHAHAHA!!!

That's the best demotivational poster I've seen in awhile! Thanks for that one!
                                Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 07-28-2009, 11:54 AM.
                                "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
                                --StanFlouride

Comment

Working...
                                X