Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do the nice guys have to date the mega-b**ches?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth jjllbb View Post
    And so I ask myself, why do these mega-bitches always get the nice guys? *sigh*
    Take your pick

1. Super nice guy is really super jerk in private, you are just getting the back-lash.
    2. Bad Day Super nice guy was late picking her up
    3. Super nice guy is super wimp and doesn't stand up for himself, mega-bitch is over compensating.
    4. He is impotent and you are getting the back-lash.

At the end of the day it is always the guy's fault. Not so nice after all.
    Tamezin

Comment

Quoth tamezin View Post
      Take your pick

1. Super nice guy is really super jerk in private, you are just getting the back-lash.
      2. Bad Day Super nice guy was late picking her up
      3. Super nice guy is super wimp and doesn't stand up for himself, mega-bitch is over compensating.
      4. He is impotent and you are getting the back-lash.

At the end of the day it is always the guy's fault. Not so nice after all.
      And it's because of that sort of attitude that the great Al Bundy once said "Women: Can't live with 'em, can't shoot 'em!"

--Jack (Who's about ready to join the ranks of NO MA'AM... that's the National Organization of Men Against Amazonian Masterhood! )
      "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
      --StanFlouride

Comment

There's also a chance that the mega-bitch isn't.

I used to have quite the rep when I was still with the ex. After spending most of my time making sure he didn't let himself die (he's diabetic and you have to fight him to take care of himself. he'll lie about testing, too), I was pretty much permanently cranky.

Since we broke up (and I started seeing someone a whole lot more together), pretty much everybody has commented on how different I am.

But, yeah, most mega-bitches probably are actual mega-bitches.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
          Speaking from experience when I was younger and naive: Its because she wasn't a bitch queen at first, but by the time we realized the trap was closing in on us it was too late. But we're still too nice to drive a stake through her heart while she's sleeping in her casket and escape into the countryside.
          Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

I'm a member of the "Been there, done that" club myself.
          Sometimes life is altered.
          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
          Uneasy with confrontation.
          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth Jack T. Chance View Post
            And it's because of that sort of attitude that the great Al Bundy once said "Women: Can't live with 'em, can't shoot 'em!"

--Jack (Who's about ready to join the ranks of NO MA'AM... that's the National Organization of Men Against Amazonian Masterhood! )
            Would there be a female counterpart to that? If so, I'm ready to join. So far, the guys I've encountered over the last 20 years have been:

Mr. Domineering
            Mr. Stuck-On-Himself/Bible Humper
            Mr. Indecisive
            Mr. Pushy
            Mr. Bullyish Asshole
            and last, but not least, Mr. Still-Married-Lying SOB

So where are the good ones at again?
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
              Would there be a female counterpart to that? If so, I'm ready to join. So far, the guys I've encountered over the last 20 years have been:

Mr. Domineering
              Mr. Stuck-On-Himself/Bible Humper
              Mr. Indecisive
              Mr. Pushy
              Mr. Bullyish Asshole
              and last, but not least, Mr. Still-Married-Lying SOB

Apparently in the same place all the good WOMEN are hiding... which for you must mean somewhere other than "the Land of NASCRAP"!
              "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
              --StanFlouride

Comment

Uh, over here?
                Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

In that nebulous horrifying place known as "The Friend Zone".

Anyway, getting back to the original post, I'd say that we have a small snapshot of the relationship at best. She could have just been in a foul mood that day because of something totally unrelated, and you and he had the bad luck to get caught in the crossfire. It doesn't excuse her behavior, but she may not be that way 24/7.

If she reappears (either in the store or out in public elsewhere) and is the same way on the next go around, then you'll know for sure.
                  "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                    Uh, over here?
                    Impossible! I'm over HERE!
                    Quoth Mike Taylor View Post
                    In that nebulous horrifying place known as "The Friend Zone".

--StanFlouride

Comment

Well, you can't have mine.

I suspect the rest are trapped either in the Friend Zone (as mentioned) or in relationships with the afore-mentioned bitch-queens.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I know some great guys. They are my friends. Being a great person doesn't mean that everyone will want to get involved with you as something more than a friend. It doesn't mean the great person is not sexually attractive, a good lover, or any of the rest of it. We all have different tastes, and even those of us who have their heads on straight, are not necessarily going to get involved with a great person if that special spark isn't there.

Comment

I've had women passengers at work get annoyed with their male partners when I am being friendly to them. Duh...that's meant to be my job to chat to people and be nice, doesn't mean I'm flirting. As I walk away I often hear the woman say "for God's sake stop flirting with the stewardess!"
                          No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

Quoth Eireann View Post
                            I know some great guys. They are my friends. Being a great person doesn't mean that everyone will want to get involved with you as something more than a friend. It doesn't mean the great person is not sexually attractive, a good lover, or any of the rest of it. We all have different tastes, and even those of us who have their heads on straight, are not necessarily going to get involved with a great person if that special spark isn't there.
                            Translation: You've already consigned them to the Friend Zone... and may the gods have mercy on their souls.
                            --StanFlouride

Comment

No translation necessary; I meant exactly what I said. I will just add that they aren't interested in dating me, either. The friendship is on both sides, and to quote Sally Bowles in Cabaret, "friends are much harder to find than lovers."

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                                Uh, over here?
                                But you're more a little brother . . . ya'll even share the same first name. That can get kinda confusing.

*hugs Protege*
                                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                                X