This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth HYHYBT View Post
    They took away our outdoor trash cans somewhere around 1999 because "trash cans encourage litter."
    Iagnosiagbrin....agnnd...........bdb.....*composes himself* Ok, huh? So I guess they should get rid of the trash cans in the dining area for the same reason then?

Comment

Quoth SG15Z View Post
      Iagnosiagbrin....agnnd...........bdb.....*composes himself* Ok, huh? So I guess they should get rid of the trash cans in the dining area for the same reason then?
      Might as well, only the employees use ours when we're cleaning up after the customers.
      Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

The sheer stupidity of managemant/corporate is striking. I say we force them to do all the work, for one whole day. Without breaks. On our payrate.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

In re: checking the food.

I admit I'll do this, but only at a particular BK Lounge that my family tends to use. There are two BKs close to where we live, but we don't frequent the other one because they tend to burn the meat and their fries are almost never fresh. Whereas the one we DO frequent cooks their meat properly and tends to have fresher fries.

However, we have also frequently had our orders (drive-through for take-home) messed up. They put everything on the plain cheeseburger we ordered (which was for our dog), or they forgot to give us something, or something else. I tend to do a quick check to make sure nothing's been forgotten (not to check for ketchup, etc.) and then drive off.

TL;DR - I check the food only because of past experiences, and I don't take longer than five seconds doing it.
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
            The sheer stupidity of managemant/corporate is striking. I say we force them to do all the work, for one whole day. Without breaks. On our payrate.
            And as I've said several times before, in that case that would mean the managers/suits making a royal mess of things and then heading back to their offices leaving us to unfuck everything.

Definitely the Dilbert principle in action. I gotta be careful what I wish for.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
              Even better: have them do it, while following the law exactly.

Comment

same here with the alergies.. I'm allergic to onions.. so whenever i order a cheeseburger or anything from the golden arches i have to check it.

Quoth hinakiba777 View Post
                I have never worked at a fast food place, and I never will. I have a few food allergies, and while I have restaurant experience I'm too much of a liability to hire. (I got fired from a job due to my allergies. Which I did mention during my interview.) So I can never full understand your pain. But from the stories I read here, and the ones I hear from friends, I am so glad I have to excuse to never apply to fast food places. It sounds like shit.

Idiot Managers, Time limits, Drunk people, people who don't know what they want. It sounds like too much stress.

I know you are ranting, but I just wanted to disagree on this. I never take super long to order, but I always check my burger. As I said, I have a few food allergies, so if anything I'm allergic too even touches the wrapper of my burger, I have to get it replaced. Sometimes the people I'm with don't want to park. So my options are:
                1) Sit in front of the window and check it
                2) Don't eat it supper.
                3) Eat it and enjoy the wonderful view of the inside of the ER

Though if it's up to me, I always park. I also tend to avoid the drive thru, as I need to be very careful with my food and it's easier to go inside and wait then go through, park, check the order, and probably go back in and explain why I need a new burger just because there is a little mustard on the wrapper.

You have all my deepest sympathies. And to everyone who works in the food service industry, I'm sorry for being an accidental SC with my allergies. I really do feel like a jerk handing back a perfectly good cheeseburger just because there is a swipe of mustard on it.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                  Bend time and space. Then they'll ask for free fries while they HAD TO WAIT for you to bend time and space.
                  That's easy, all you have to do is get the SCs to leave at close to the speed of light.
                  "What did you have for breakfast this morning? Carnation Instant Bitch?"
                  -Eric Foreman That 70's Show

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
                    9. If you want to check your food, please do it in the parking lot. I do quite well on time, but any time I'm over is a bad time. The people who check their food are the ones that order one sandwich and a french fry but take an entire minute to do it.
                    Sorry I always check my order right there and then at the window. I am given the wrong order far too many times to not do otherwise. Mistakes happen even to the best workers, especially when it is busy.

-The drive through exits to the road ussually so pulling into the parking lot also requires driving around to another, less convenient, exit, or in many cases circling the block.

-If the order is wrong I do not want to wait in the line again to have it corrected, nor do I wish to find a place to park and then wait in a line inside to correct it either. A 5 minute stop to grab a quick bite can easily become a 20+ minute trip when this happens.

-If I am given the wrong order, then I am doing the worker a favor by identifying the mistake right then and there as it ussually is followed by the person behind me being given my order etc. Being given the wrong person's order is the most common mistake I encounter

The timer is a much needed tool for fast food windows, as it help develop the most efficent ways to handle customers, but the manager should use it right, it should be used to get rid of unneeded delays (such as not having fries ready, the kitchen is being too slow etc, not to rush customer's choosing what to order. Your best option for a manager who doesn't clue in to this is to have a notepad and pen handy to mark off why some customers take too long, just a check list of reasons for delays to shove in his face (so to speak) if he bitches. Drunkard having difficulty ordering, large order, waiting on customer to decide order, customer refused to park etc. Managers who are too stupid to realise this should of course be pushed into the deepfrier

Comment

Quoth Mr.Customer View Post
                      The timer is a much needed tool for fast food windows, as it help develop the most efficent ways to handle customers, but the manager should use it right, it should be used to get rid of unneeded delays (such as not having fries ready, the kitchen is being too slow etc, not to rush customer's choosing what to order. Your best option for a manager who doesn't clue in to this is to have a notepad and pen handy to mark off why some customers take too long, just a check list of reasons for delays to shove in his face (so to speak) if he bitches. Drunkard having difficulty ordering, large order, waiting on customer to decide order, customer refused to park etc. Managers who are too stupid to realise this should of course be pushed into the deepfrier
                      There are two problems with this:
                      1) Cashier is held responsible for times by shift leads who are held responsible by managers who are held responsible by regional... etc. Having the shift lead ignore the problem results in the shift lead being yelled at.
                      2) I've never had a fast food manager that either had the time to do this (too busy helping) or the motivation to do it (too busy doing nothing)

Comment

I HATE those timers! There is a Wendy's that is close to where I work. If happen to notice the manager working the window when I am driving through the parking lot, I will take a long time to go through the line. If I see a worker in the window, I try to go though it as fast as possible.

Oh, and I WILL check my food before I leave. They have screwed my order up so many times, it's rediculous. What part of mustard, no mayo, no cheese, do they not understand? If I had wanted a cheeseburger with mayo, I would have ordered one! Geez!

Comment

The timer is a much needed tool for fast food windows, as it help develop the most efficent ways to handle customers, but the manager should use it right...
                          When the timer is put in place by corporate and it is corporate that decides how fast cars should go through, then the timer is nothing but a bludgeon with which to harass the workers.

Besides, when they tell the workers to get cars through in less time than it takes to prepare a common item (like a burger), then there is something so very wrong with the entire system.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I very rarely go through D/T's, because I have worked in so many of them, and there are seven people in my house, so the order is always huge. They almost always get it wrong, because my family is a bunch of picky butts who have to have everything special, too. So it's easier, and nicer, for me to go in.

At Toxic Hell, you have 3:30 from the time the car pulls up to the menu board to the time they pull away from the window. I SO feel you about the drunks, I never, EVER ran a green night shift, though I came close sometimes, and it was ALWAYS the D/T times that messed me up. Always. That affected my performance reviews, and so my salary, as well as bonuses. So it's all well and good to say "Too bad, I'm going to do what I want anyway!" when it isn't your kids who won't get new shoes despite the holes in the bottom because too many assholes had the same attitude. I'm sorry, this is a sore spot for me, it's not really directed at anyone.

I feel so bad for anyone who has to make burgers or something and still try to get 4 minutes or less. That's just evil.
                            "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Your best option for a manager who doesn't clue in to this is to have a notepad and pen handy to mark off why some customers take too long, just a check list of reasons for delays to shove in his face (so to speak) if he bitches. Drunkard having difficulty ordering, large order, waiting on customer to decide order, customer refused to park etc. Managers who are too stupid to realise this should of course be pushed into the deepfrier
                              hahahaha. Right. The new owners of my store couldnt care less WHY i'm over time, just that I am. You honestly think, in the middle of a seven car rush [that lasts three to four hours] (which is what i was talking about in my OP) I have time to stop, write down why exactly they were sending me over my time, when it happened, at what time? You're going to get parked anyways if we have to fix something or recook it. Its actually quite a bit faster to go back through the line since by the time you hit the window again we have your food ready. If you're parked, we generally take care of everyone in drive first (if their food is up fast, if I have time to run it out between orders, i will but that rarely happens during drunk rush) and get a park out when we're not under the gun.

And the managers know about it. Everyone knows why grave is slow, especially on weekends. Corporate (the people who hand down the times) do not care. It is most cost effective to have them out in five minutes, so they need to be out in five minutes. We also need to make the customer feel welcome and special, while they blow their pot smoke in my face and rattle my DT window. I have to listen to them bitch, ever so attentively, while theyre food sits behind me because its RUDE to interrupt a customer and it shows i dont care . I have to listen to their entire life story at the window while they count out pennies to pay for a fifteen dollar order because you dont want to !rush them!.

I'm also now working eighty five hours a week, instead of seventy because of some cross-job drama I can't actually discuss. Ugh.
                              Last edited by Whiskey; 04-23-2010, 09:02 PM.
                              Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Working...
                              X