This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Tama View Post
    Am I the only tourist who doesn't care about what blade of grass is brown or yellow, or whatever?
    I know all I want grass to be is alive. I don't care what color it is. Dead grass is no fun to walk on, but even dead grass isn't going to ruin my vacation. Dead grass beats flaming grass...that'd ruin my vacation.
    But I don't know if these people would even be happy with a holographic vacation that they had infinite and instant control over. (Too much Star Trek, I admit it. )

I find myself wondering what happens in their lives that they need to obsess over details like this... >.<
    Last edited by RootedPhoenix; 06-06-2010, 09:32 AM. Reason: adding
    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
    -----
    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
      Pobrecito. Here, have some bacon.
      "Poor"?

Mmmmm, bacon. *Munch*
      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
        "Poor"?
        Yup - as in "you poor thing [here, have some bacon]" ^_^
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

so that person would rather rack several hundred dollars in lawyer fees ( at least) and make a complete ass of themselves then throw up the 63 bones for the crib?

someone need to learn financial management

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
            Yup - as in "you poor thing [here, have some bacon]" ^_^
            Mmmmm, bacon.

*Munch*

Any gift bacon is good bacon. Even pity-bacon.
            Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

The minute a customer mentions legal action or contacting their lawyer, I completely lose all respect for them. A good comeback is, "As you've mentioned your lawyer, I now have to refer you to our legal department," or, "What is your lawyer's name? I'll look forward to hearing from him/her."

These idiots don't realize lawyers cost hundreds of dollars an hour and aren't going to take their case for a disputed $60 credit card charge.

Comment

Quoth MaseMan View Post
                These idiots don't realize lawyers cost hundreds of dollars an hour and aren't going to take their case for a disputed $60 credit card charge.
                I would _love_ a lawyer to take the case, get a few billable hours (@ $200/hr or more), then tell our idiot they have no case and have to pay. Then hand them their bill.

Where's that jaw-drop icon when you need it?

Comment

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post
                  Guest: Dave, you have no idea how furious I am. I am shaking. I am going to have a fucking stroke if I have to wait until Monday

Guest: Dave, since you insist on making me wait and since I am not going to be able to sleep all weekend and will be an emotional wreck...

Guest: no it's not ok. You know what, my hands are turning purple because there is so much rage inside of me right now.
                  Lawyer? Bullshit. This woman needs to see a doctor. Maybe a psychiatrist. What the fuck is wrong with her that this dispute has made her come close to needing the fucking ER?

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post
                  I expect compensation from your company in addition to getting refunded for the crib.
                  And I expect a menage a trois with Christina Ricci and Holly Hunter with plenty of baby oil. But I've learned to live with the disappointments from MY expectations.

Quoth MaseMan View Post
                  I am guessing that most of the people that threaten legal action DO know this, but are hoping that their threat of it will make the other party weak in the knees and succumb to their argument. Which, sadly, all too often happens.

Quoth eltf177 View Post
                  Where's that jaw-drop icon when you need it?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

Uggg, I work hotels. I can relate. You wouldn't believe how many of the guests make me want to smack them silly.

Comment

Ah, I missed your posts VRS.
                      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                        Any gift bacon is good bacon.
                        Damn you.

I'm now seriously thinking about making chocolate cookies with bacon in them, just to see if it would be any good
                        Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth infinitemonkies View Post
                          Damn you.

I'm now seriously thinking about making chocolate cookies with bacon in them, just to see if it would be any good
                          Hmmm. Does sound like an interesting experiment. *digs out her recipe box*

Comment

Damn you.

Quoth morgana View Post
                            Hmmm. Does sound like an interesting experiment. *digs out her recipe box*
                            That does sound good....
                            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

I think we need to band together, find out where VRS works, come up with some money to rent a place, call and demand he come fix something, then throw him a surprise party.

Comment

Damn you.

According to my sister yes they are. I plan on making some this week.

Comment

Working...
                                X