This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain is Wet!

We have had some serious torrential rain in my area of the UK over the past couple of days. Fun, fun, fun. The pub beer garden was also in the middle of a renovation, which has had to be halted because of the weather.

A couple of days ago, the new picnic tables for the garden arrived. However, the umbrellas that go through the centre of them did not, as they would be coming on a seperate delivery.. At the time, the weather was very nice, so we decided there would be no harm in setting them up and allowing the customers to use them for the first time. It went well, and the customers were impressed with the improvements. Then the rain started...

A customer went outside for a cigarette. Afterwards, he stormed up to the bar.

SC: The tables outside are disgusting! They need to be cleaned!
    Me: Oh, those are brand new tables, in what way are they disgusting?
    SC: They are soaking wet!

I simply stared out the window, watching the rain pour down onto the tables.

SC: Sort it out!

A little while later, a female customer stormed up to the bar.

FSC: I just sat down on the benches outside and got all wet! I am going to have to go home and get changed! You need to make sure the staff are wiping all the surfaces!

Again, I looked outside at the pouring rain.

And then today, two customers came up to the bar.

SC: Excuse me, can you go outside and wipe a table down for us? They are soaking wet.
    Me: Well it is pouring down with rain.
    SC: You could still prevent those tables from getting so wet by wiping them down every now and then! It's not really fair on the customers who smoke, is it?

I decided to go and wipe down the table, but I made a bit of a dramatic performance out of it. Before I went outside, I put on my rain coat and grabbed an umbrella. I went outside and quickly wiped down the table in the pouring rain, only for it to be completely soaked again half a second later. The woman stormed up to me as I walked back inside.

SC: Give me that cloth! You have no idea what you're doing!

I handed her the cloth, and watched as her and her friend struggled to wipe down the table. I also noticed them look up at the sky a few times, as if they were wondering "Where on Earth is this water coming from??"

LOL. I bet they also think the money for their smokes comes out the ass of a giant elephant they keep at the Mint.
    Part Angel Part Sadist

Comment

How did you resist taking out your phone and taking pictures or video of that? Just curious, because it would've been damn hard for me not to whip the phone out and be all 'smile idiots!' hahahaha!
      "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
        How did you resist taking out your phone and taking pictures or video of that? Just curious, because it would've been damn hard for me not to whip the phone out and be all 'smile idiots!' hahahaha!
        Unfortunately I don't currently own a phone that can take video or pictures. I literally only use my phone for texting. But I am debating getting an upgrade just for these kind of situations!

Comment

Why on earth would they think that wiping down tables would make some sort of force field around the table preventing it from getting rained on?
          Usually with the stories on here I can find some sort of warped logic or where the brain malfunctioned in the customer, but here I just cannot.

Comment

No.
            Just no.
            Please, please, pleeeeaaaase tell me you're lying.
            It makes sense.

Comment

You know, I've actually gotten the complaint hat My Cigarette in the just open pack, that I opened in a Washington rain, is wet before. Gave the guy a blank stare and he got it.

My Customers, proof that marijuana/speed/crack/alcohol doesn't consume itself.
              Last edited by MadMike; 08-26-2011, 11:43 PM. Reason: Removed reference to deleted post

Comment

That's like when I worked at Wal-Mart & Sam's Club & the SC's would demand to know why the carts were soaking wet. It would be raining outside!!...lol.

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
                  Me: Oh, those are brand new tables, in what way are they disgusting?
                  SC: They are soaking wet!
                  Wet with rain=disgusting. Got it.

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
                  SC: Give me that cloth! You have no idea what you're doing!

I handed her the cloth, and watched as her and her friend struggled to wipe down the table. I also noticed them look up at the sky a few times, as if they were wondering "Where on Earth is this water coming from??"
                  I think they need to go home and sober up. *can't help laughing at them*
                  (I'm sure they were sober, but it certainly sounded like that set of SCs was drunk. I probably just don't want to think that someone out there is really that...oblivious.)
                  1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                  -----
                  http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Quoth nuthing12 View Post
                    LOL. I bet they also think the money for their smokes comes out the ass of a giant elephant they keep at the Mint.
                    Something like this? Dollar Bank actually sponsored two of these for Dinomite Days in 2003. One is at the corner of Penn and Braddock Avenues--I see it every day as I drive to and from work
                    Attached Files
                    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                      That's like when I worked at Wal-Mart & Sam's Club & the SC's would demand to know why the carts were soaking wet. It would be raining outside!!...lol.
                      This.

Oh my gods. This.

You have no idea how many times I'd get people complaining about that when I worked at the wholesale club. All I could do was shrug and say "Yeah, it's raining."
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth SpaceCore View Post
                        No.
                        Just no.
                        There there, kid. You'll get used to it.

But now you understand why we keep obscene quantities of alcohol and bacon around here. Alcohol allows you to think of other things for a change, and bacon makes everything better.
                        What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

I told this one to my sister (laughing my ass off), and here is her theory:

People in the UK are not used to eating outside. They usually have a roof over their heads to keep the rain off. Therefore, this woman figured wiping off the table would take care of the problem because hey, when you're inside, it usually works.
                          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I...I got nothin'. Idiocy speaks for itself at times. I don't think there is anything I could say here that would make them look any less sentient in relief.
                            Quoth SpaceCore View Post
                            Search your feelings...You know it to be true...
                            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

wait what?!?!? Ok my heat disabled brain just can't handle that. am i really surprised I haven't heard that up here in the Northwest
                              Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Working...
                              X