Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also work at a supercenter. Eveytime it rains we have a few people always complain its wet. We even had people ask if we can make it stop.

Comment

Just as mentioned in a previous post, I work at Walmart pushing carts and I have OFTEN heard customers whine and carry on about why ALL the carts all wet. Usually, I would stand there with amusement and be completely entertained by some stupid lady trying to go through all the carts to look for dry ones. If she noticed me, she would demand, "WHY don't you have any dry ones???"

"Have you SEEN it raining outside?" I demanded. "Therefore, every cart I bring in is wet. However, you can come back when it's sunny outside."

I'm surprised that she didn't press the issue further, because if she did, it'd be some pathetic, half-assed demand that I should STOP the rain from falling down, like I had secret super powers or something. But each time, the customer would just glare back and walk away.

And I would spend the next two hours laughing my butt off about the stupid customers that come in during a downpour expecting DRY carts. Ha ha!

Comment

Quoth sweetj82 View Post
        We even had people ask if we can make it stop.
        * picks up the phone and dials * "Yes, Doctor Mindbender, please. This is the Whoville OmegaMart. Would you mind doing something about the torrential downpour hitting us right now? You will? Thanks, Doc, I owe ya one!"

Simple.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Why were the pub customers outside if it was raining? And maybe the Wallyworld customers expect the cart attendant to wipe down the carts. Ours do, sometimes, though they're not required to.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Yes look up at the sky and try to figure out where the rain is coming from... derp!

Comment

I wonder if they thought there was some kind of cover out there. Still stupid, though, not to realize that if it was raining on the table, the place was open to the sky.

Comment

The logic usually is that because it's raining, you don't eat outside - and it rains a lot here, so eating outside is indeed unusual. How these people turned that round to "we want to eat outside, so stop the rain" I really don't know. But wiping the tables to stop the rain...I think my brain needs a jump-start on that one.

Most of the UK is not this stupid! Honest!
                I speak English, L33t, Sarcasm and basic Idiot.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                  Why were the pub customers outside if it was raining?
                  Smokers? Smoking is banned inside all public buildings these days.

Quoth Akasa View Post
                  Yes look up at the sky and try to figure out where the rain is coming from... derp!
                  I can't remember, is it turkeys, chickens or both that you can't leave out in rain because they just stare straight up with their mouths open until they drown?

Wouldn't it make things so much easier for us all if SC's behaved that way too?
                  Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Quoth Syriilord View Post
                    I can't remember, is it turkeys, chickens or both that you can't leave out in rain because they just stare straight up with their mouths open until they drown?
                    I've heard that of turkeys (domesticated, that is). Now it's obvious that SC's have considerable turkey in their DNA, but sadly, that mutation is too lethal to survive to adulthood.

Mama Derp to Papa Derp: "I sent the children out to play in the rain and little Hemner didn't come back."
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I have customers who, in the pouring rain, will park waaaaay out in the parking lot, ignoring the spots right in front of the office, trudge up through the rain, and then complain about it. Those customers annoy me.

This, on the other hand....this is just a whole new level of idiocy! I have no words...
                      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                        Why were the pub customers outside if it was raining? And maybe the Wallyworld customers expect the cart attendant to wipe down the carts. Ours do, sometimes, though they're not required to.
                        We do wipe ours down but it takes a liitle while and you know SC time.

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post

A little while later, a female customer stormed up to the bar.

FSC: I just sat down on the benches outside and got all wet!
                          Does Sheldons want to take this one, or should I?
                          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
                            I have customers who, in the pouring rain, will park waaaaay out in the parking lot, ignoring the spots right in front of the office, trudge up through the rain, and then complain about it.
                            This lends credence to my theory that some people, lacking a valid reason to be miserable and/or complain, will go out of their way to create something seemingly valid to complain about.
                            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I was going to point out the turkeys in the rain thing, but a couple of others beat me to it. Isn't there another animal that does that as well? I mean, besides the not-so-elusive SC, that is.
                              "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

I saw this happen at the BEACH. I'm in the water, it's sunny, and it starts to drizzle. Maybe a few harder drops. People were FLEEING the ocean screaming, "I'm getting wet!" over and over. I looked at them with a while enjoying the ocean waves.

And no, there was no dangerous weather. Just rain.
                                Last edited by Lady_Pigeon; 08-27-2011, 11:20 AM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

Working...
                                X