This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong One!! Your doing the WRONG ONE!

So, about a 6 months ago we revamp our phone cards system. Before someone would bring up a phyiscal card, we get money, swipe card to activate it, and give it to them. Now customers come up, tell us what one they want, we run one of the cards we keep behind counter, and the machine spits out a paper copy that has the number you put in your cellphone to work it. Over the few months, a few of those hard copies disappear, so I've gotten in the habit of just doing it manually by the machine, using any card just to scan for the price. Never had a problem til today.

SC: I want ten dollar T-Mobile. (And some candy, beer, etc)
    ME: Ok 13.99 (I had started the machine to spit out the t-mobile card, and was finding a ten dollar card to scan, the first one I saw wasn't t-mobile.

SC: NO! NOT THAT ONE! T-MOBILE!!!!

ME: *blinking* I know ma'am. I just need it for the price. I'm getting you a T-mobile.

SC: NO your not! YOU JUST SCANED that one! I want a FUCKING T-MOBILE you dumb piece of shit.

ME: ..... ..... .....*swallow enner rage* I took the papercopy of the T-Mobile "You mean this!? The thing that says T-Mobile!? I know you what ya freaking wanted, I justed needed to scan a ten dollar card for the price. that was it.

SC: Whatever. You were trying to fucking screw me over you crosseyed motherfucker piece of shit. (grabbing her stuff, and ripping the paper out of my hand and stormed out muttering*

Other Customer: *whistle* I'm glad I don't work here.

ME: ..... .... Just an average night so far.... Gah.....
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

What a foul-mouthed hag. Wouldn't even listen to you, was so certain you were in the wrong. Stupid people suck.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
      So, about a 6 months ago we revamp our

<snip>
      Just... wow - and this is why customers who use prepaid services for their cell phones scare me.

MOD EDIT: Please trim quotes when replying. Nobody needs to re-read the whole post.
      Last edited by Dips; 02-03-2010, 07:25 PM.

Comment

It doesn't help that in some places, pre-pay tariffs from different carriers are handled in different ways.

In Finland, if you have a local pre-pay phone, you can top it up from your bank account at any ATM (known as Otto). This is as easy as it gets... as long as you can undertand the prompts the machine gives you. This is tricky if your bank card hasn't been configured for English, and has therefore defaulted to Finnish.

In the UK... if you have Tesco Mobile, you take your top-up card to a Tesco branch, which identifies the phone to be topped up, so the database gets updated behind the scenes. If you have Vodafone, you go to a wide variety of retailers who print out a code that you type into your phone. I've lost track of what the other operators do.

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
          In the UK... if you have Tesco Mobile, you take your top-up card to a Tesco branch, which identifies the phone to be topped up, so the database gets updated behind the scenes. If you have Vodafone, you go to a wide variety of retailers who print out a code that you type into your phone. I've lost track of what the other operators do.
          We can also top up at cash-points, using a debit/credit card if we phone the provider direct, plus in many shops (& I recently found out that I can claim store loyalty points in some stores if I top up there!) I'm quite chuffed about the store loyalty points thing, as I shop in one particular place quite a lot, & by the end of the year I can buy my mum or my sister perfume for Christmas using the accumulated points.
          "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

I can just tap a code into my phone and it already has my bank details and tops it up without having to find a top up card or leave the house or anything like that.

much easier.
            Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Comment

Working...
            X