This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't think this through, did you?

I would like - if I may - to bring you the story of a couple of young men who enlivened the day at the store. Consider these events;

1) Their first stop was at our fuel station where one of them purchases petrol and a mobile phone top-up, by card
    2) Having been given his top-up receipt, this lad realises he's got one for the wrong network and asks for a refund
    3) The fuel station kiosk can't issue refunds, so the cashier tells him to go to the customer service desk in the main store
    4) Between the entrance and the service desk, they see a sound bar displayed and decide to steal it, leaving the packaging behind on the shelf
    5) They then go to stand in the queue for the desk to get the refund
    6) A member of store staff sees the open packaging and alerts a manager, who immediately checks the CCTV
    7) The lads are still waiting patiently in the queue when the manager confronts them.

One legs it but the other one isn't so lucky and gets a free ride in a police car. (And as the petrol was paid for by card, congratulations, that's your name and address easily discovered).
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Bad

This is a bad as robbing a bank with the demand written on the back of your own personal check.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
      This is a bad as robbing a bank with the demand written on the back of your own personal check.
      ...At your own bank!
      Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
        ...At your own bank!
        Pfff. Well, of course. No other bank would honor it! ^__^
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Well as they say ignorance is fixable, stupid is not....

What I probably don't want to know, but am curious so...

What were they thinking? I mean come on...this is just too crazy. They actually thought nobody would figure it out.. even if they had gone away... they were on camera.. it wouldn't be hard for the po-po to track them down.
          Last edited by EricKei; 10-07-2018, 09:19 PM. Reason: merged consecutive posts
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
            ...At your own bank!
            ...and then making sure you touch the counter, front door handle, and anything else, leaving excellent fingerprints all over the place.
            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

You know they will attempt to blame each other at court, then claim they were “just testing” it to see how light and portable it was BUT had every intention of buying it sometime before they left.
              Next will come their mothers and kin to say they are “good boys” who NEVER would do something like that, so you employees must had misunderstood or entrapped them.
              "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
              .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                What were they thinking?
                They probably weren't.

Really, the only thing that would have made this more stupid would have been if they'd picked a day when our regular security person was on. She would have probably torn them up for TP.
                Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Working...
                X