This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
    Would that be shooting yourself in each toe?
    Aim for the ankles, it'll be quicker in the long run.
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
      Bet? Snerk! She's a Wrecked'um, ah mean, victim, and is righteously exempt! (in her pico-bit intellect)
      She is certainly a rectum. In that she's full of shit.

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
      Aim for the ankles, it'll be quicker in the long run.
      There won't be any long run if you shoot 'em in the ankles.
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
        Or calling in an A-10 to Warthog Stomp it.
        NNNNAAAAA how about a Puff The Magic Dragon straff..... LOL

Puff The magic Dragon an AC-47 cargo place equipped with multiple gatlin guns
        Last edited by Racket_Man; 10-11-2018, 04:47 AM.
        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
          If she does get into an interstate course who wants to bet she has learnt her lesson and will stick to the rules this time?
          Oh I doubt it. Currently getting field placements period is a pain in the ass everywhere.

And I have more of an update!

So, we thought that we'd heard the last of her. Apparently not.
          I found out from new Co-Manager that she has now escalated it beyond the committee I sit in on to the point of lodging a full-blown grievance. Unfortunately new co-manager is the one who actually gets stuck with the grievances (but he handles them well, and I love him for it ). So poor Co-manager has to meet the lovely lady week after next.

I totally plan on sending him a 12-pack of booze for this.

Comment

Quoth LadyofArc View Post
            So poor Co-manager has to meet the lovely lady week after next.
            Do tell us the outcome and the 's reaction.
            Good thing I just got paid--I may need to buy some more
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth LadyofArc View Post
              She overheard (not sure if it was deliberate or not) two of the managers talking about it in their office and the words "end of life directive" popped up. So what does she do? She goes around and tells the staff AND the resident's family that the resident had died, when in actual fact, the resident was very much alive!
              I cannot imagine what kind of person apparently takes pleasure in getting to announce the 'death' of a complete stranger to other strangers. I just...not only why would she think that was appropriate, but why would she WANT to?

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                Do tell us the outcome and the 's reaction.
                Good thing I just got paid--I may need to buy some more
                I won't get to see or hear her reaction (as I'm not sitting in on this meeting), but I will hear the outcome since I've taken over the field placement officer role (former field placement person picked up work closer to home)

Quoth Ann_Marie View Post
                I cannot imagine what kind of person apparently takes pleasure in getting to announce the 'death' of a complete stranger to other strangers. I just...not only why would she think that was appropriate, but why would she WANT to?
                Given this was within the first week, my suspicion is that she viewed management as being incompetent and figured "Screw them, I'll show them I can do things well!" and well...yeah. -_-

Comment

Saying "I'll show them!" is likely to end up with the speaker's pants down, always figuratively and sometimes literally.

Comment

Quoth Ann_Marie View Post
                    My mom's (now former) roomie at her nursing home recently pulled this, telling everyone who would listen that "EricMom has passed away!" when the mom had to go to the ER in a hurry (blood pressure 54/30 thanks to the home giving her too much medication). Fortunately, the nurses and most of the staff knew better, and they swiftly corrected the misconception.
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                    X