Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We can't have nice things (VERY gross)

Literally TWO DAYS AGO, our store got some nice new rugs put in the entranceway foyers. Nice pattern. Clean. Had that "new rug" smell.

Today, I get called up to the front because some incontinent motherfucker literally left a trail of poop nuggets in his wake from the entrance all the way up to our men's room, including right across our new rugs.

And guess who had to slap on a pair of gloves and pick up the biggest chunks...?

Years ago at the Old Bookstore they FINALLY replaced the worn-thin, nasty old carpet they had with fluffy new shaggy carpet. Customers had actually complained about the old carpet so yay!

Two days after the replacement, a woman dropped a jar of salsa (we also sold local food items) on the new carpet. Which was fluffy. And shaggy. She didn't tell an employee of course and also managed to step in it and track salsa allll the way across the area to the checkout counter. No one would have seen it forever if I hadn't noticed there was salsa ALL OVER the woman's shoes as I passed the line.

I was SUPER HELPFUL and insisted she allow me to help her wipe her shoes off. I know it embarrassed her but goddammit, she could have told someone instead of tracking it everywhere. I was also pissed at the marketing people who put jaws of jam and salsa on a display on the new carpet.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Inside I'm screaming. I don't even like pooping in public in the bathroom.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I didn't realize how awful humanity was until I worked retail.

Comment

Working...
        X