This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Moirae View Post
    Yeah, its illegal, but we can't stop them if we don't know about it. If we catch them, we WILL throw them out. But we do allow people to smoke regular cigarettes in the courtyard. Personally, I think the whole property should be non-smoking period but the owner has overridden that idea. I also think we should not be a pet friendly hotel but don't have a choice in that either because the owner has decided that we are a pet friendly hotel.
    I was just thinking about this one, I think the guy's issue was that he didn't do the actual act of smoking it IN the room. He brought it into the room, stored it in the room, opened it in the room, rolled it in the room, but didn't actually smoke it in the room. You should see about changing the wording to "no illegal drugs in the room" or something like that.
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

Quoth evilhomer View Post
      You should see about changing the wording to "no illegal drugs in the room" or something like that.
      And be sure to include wording that in the event of a conflict between state and federal law regarding the legality of a particular drug, for the purposes of this policy the more strict law applies.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Shangri-laschild View Post
        I don't know if I'm flat out allergic to it but I do get headaches from being around it if it's strong enough.
        Yay, I'm not the only one! I get really bad headaches from smelling pot at all.

I'm allergic to tons of things, but one of the more annoying ones is aloe vera. Especially because people seem to think that you can't be allergic to it. The only 'good' thing is that it's touted as being good for you so much that a lot of things that have it in there list it very prominently on the label. The bad thing is that it's touted as being good for you so much, it's creeping into fucking EVERYTHING...including toilet paper. Why the fuck would you need aloe in your TP?

Last year, I decided to see if I wasn't allergic to it anymore and washed my hands in aloe hand sanitizer...so when I had a rash going up both arms in 5 minutes, itching like mad, I decided that yes...yes, I am still allergic...
        "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
        "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
        Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Quoth Eisa View Post
          Yay, I'm not the only one! I get really bad headaches from smelling pot at all.

I'm allergic to tons of things, but one of the more annoying ones is aloe vera.
          Silly people. It's a plant, of course you can be allergic to it! Poison Ivy reactions are an allergic reaction after all. I can see how that would be a frustrating allergy.
          "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Quoth Shangri-laschild View Post
            Silly people. It's a plant, of course you can be allergic to it!
            Soy is a plant, as is wheat (gluten/celiac), and ragweed.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

didn't smoke pot in that room...pffft. yea right. if they did indeed smoke it outside like they said they did, in which case they didn't, hence the whole room smelling like pot, the only pot smell would be on their person. not in the room. a buddy of mine smokes pot and he makes sure he does it OUTSIDE on the balcony of the hotel he is renting if he wants a puff. that way the smoke filters away and there is only a slight smell on his clothing if at all.
              NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

Quoth Kitten in the box View Post
                didn't smoke pot in that room...pffft. yea right. if they did indeed smoke it outside like they said they did, in which case they didn't, hence the whole room smelling like pot, the only pot smell would be on their person. not in the room. a buddy of mine smokes pot and he makes sure he does it OUTSIDE on the balcony of the hotel he is renting if he wants a puff. that way the smoke filters away and there is only a slight smell on his clothing if at all.
                That's the thing...

1. It stinks to high heaven, do people really think that hotels are dumb enough not to spot when they've been smoking in their room?

2. Do they think "the hotel is non-smoking, please smoke in the courtyard" really doesn't apply to them?

3. There's a reason we ask for a credit card. Because if you do something like this, we will fine you for it.

Comment

Quoth Eisa View Post
                  I'm allergic to tons of things, but one of the more annoying ones is aloe vera. Especially because people seem to think that you can't be allergic to it.
                  You can be allergic to just about anything, except water. Even then, you're allergic to something IN the water, not H20 itself (our bodies are largely water).

Quoth Eisa View Post
                  Why the fuck would you need aloe in your TP?
                  It's a marketing ploy; make the paper softer for people's tender hineies.

Quoth Eisa View Post
                  Last year, I decided to see if I wasn't allergic to it anymore and washed my hands in aloe hand sanitizer...so when I had a rash going up both arms in 5 minutes, itching like mad, I decided that yes...yes, I am still allergic...
                  Gah! For a minute there, girl, my heart stopped. Please don't do anything like that again. Once allergic you are always allergic. People very rarely "get over" being allergic to something, and usually only with supervised medical therapy. It's not something anyone should risk just to see.

Quoth Moirae View Post
                  1. It stinks to high heaven, do people really think that hotels are dumb enough not to spot when they've been smoking in their room?
                  Yes. They really do think that. They are using a mind altering substance that affects their common sense and good judgement (hence the term, "stoned"). After awhile they don't smell it, so they think no one else can, either. It's like the toddler who thinks he's "hiding" because he put his head in a corner, not realizing his little butt sticks out.

Quoth Moirae View Post
                  2. Do they think "the hotel is non-smoking, please smoke in the courtyard" really doesn't apply to them?
                  Oh, no. That one I think they know they're breaking. They just know if they smoke in the courtyard, someone is going to smell it and call the cops. They have THAT much common sense, at least.

Quoth Moirae View Post
                  3. There's a reason we ask for a credit card. Because if you do something like this, we will fine you for it.
                  As well you should!
                  They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth BearLeeBadenaugh View Post
                    Worst allergy incident I've seen was my buddy, at a strip club. Had to tag him with two of his epi-pens and he wound up in the hospital for two days. Nik happens to be allergic to cinnamon and with the cigars we were smoking, neither of us noticed the aroma of cinnamon before it was too late and the cinnamon coated ta-tas were already applied to his face. Fastest allergy I've seen, Nik had time to turn to me and say "oh shit, my aller..." and that's when his throat closed up. Thankfully, he carries a man-purse with his epipens and other meds.
                    I am not allergic to anything (that I know of anyway), but I am starting to carry a "murse" (man-purse) with me for my stuff. Women should not be the only ones allowed to have logical carrying bags.

I am not sure if my next question is "polite" but, Was your friend seeing anyone at the time and (if so) how did he explain that to his significant other?
                    I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

I have been a Hotel Manager for a long time, almost 20 years. I have always believed in a fair mindset, that customers get a fair chance to explain stupidity like smoking in a nonsmoking room, or even pot smoking. I also try to ensure my employees are as protected as I can make them, as many customers like to blame theft and anything under the sun on them to get over with money or the like.

I also have to say that after all these years I have a low tolerance for the BS that this idiot was throwing at me as I am standing in a room with a Pot smell so strong I could have gotten a contact high. It was blatantly obvious what it was, but they imagine that as a customer they are right, and if they keep proclaiming it, or threatening me with bad hotel reviews I will fold. They are sadly mistaken. I will not tolerate it....plain and simple. They got the boot, we got the money, and they have no sympathy from me at all.

Drug usage is a personal choice, and one I care little about unless it effects my business or my customers. After it crosses that line, I don't care what poison you pick, you are a piece of crap, and you have to get out...that is the bottom line.
                      And unto the I offer the 11th commandment of god, that whomsover calleth "Shotgun" shall heretofore and forever lay claim to that seat......until you have to pee!!-your friendly neighborhood Crucible

Comment

Exactly, darling.

We don't ask much of our guests... don't abuse yourself or others, don't do anything illegal, keep your pets under control, don't trash your room, keep the noise down to a reasonable level and don't abuse our staff. Do any of those and you will be booted so fast that your head will spin. Otherwise, do what you like.

In return for obeying the rules and paying your bill, you get a free comprehensive continental breakfast, free wireless internet, and a safe and clean place to stay with a friendly staff that's on the main parade route of the city with the streetcar right across the street at very reasonable prices given our competitors and location.

Our guests safety and health is of utmost importance to us.

lol. No, its not an ad for the hotel. Its just the truth. Sick to death of the entitlement crap for the low rate. If you want valet, a hot breakfast, and to be charged for your internet, then be willing to pay the high price for it in the downtown. But I guarantee that none of those hotels will put up with drug use, physical abuse, and noise complaints either.
                        Last edited by Moirae; 11-30-2013, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X