Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They teach this crap at MLM conventions. They think they are being cute/clever but they are really just training themselves to be SCs. My parents have been involved with a few so I've seen their training first hand. Sorry to all you guys who deal with them... especially right after a conference when they are all fired up and try to get every single person in a 50 mile radius of the convention center signed up under them on the way home. :\
    Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

Now you have me fascinated and curious what they teach at those MLM conferences.
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

My mother worked in a hotel in a resort town when a vice president was staying in a hotel. They had many months notice and everyone was vetted in advance. The hotels that host the president tend to be picked well in advance and would not have to turn him away even in an crisis. If you work in one of those hotels, you know. So anyone who doesn't can confidently say, yes we would turn the president away because he would clearly be an imposter.

Comment

Realistically, the POTUS does not just "show up" at the last minute on his very own to stay at a hotel room. Wherever the POTUS would need to stay/go is planned out weeks/months in advance and there would need to be some kind of arrangements/provisions for his Secret Service detail. Try to be a little more realistic on our analogies, SC :P

Comment

Quoth Estil View Post
            ... a little more realistic on our analogies, SC :P
            But Analog-ies are supposed to be Astounding!
            [/J.W. Campbell]
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I'd recomend that he try at Hilbert's hotel. It always has rooms.

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
                Depending on the perceived religiosity of the CS: "Even Mary and Joseph were turned away from a full inn. Are you saying that you're better than them?"
                Melchior: "The manger? You put them in the MANGER? Are you CRAZY? Don't you have any idea who that is??"

Comment

Quoth Ben_Who View Post
                  Melchior: "The manger? You put them in the MANGER? Are you CRAZY? Don't you have any idea who that is??"
                  Mr. & Mrs. No Reservations. And I really really hope Animal Welfare doesn't find out.
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Especially when the paying guests' animals are too tired the next day to travel because of the screaming mother in labor, the crying baby afterward, and all the non-guests traipsing through the barn at all hours.

But don't worry, once one of those Kings passes out the gold to the new family, they can afford to go to a different inn and pay walk-up prices.
                    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth Juggler View Post
                      I'd recomend that he try at Hilbert's hotel. It always has rooms.
                      Yeah but walking between the rooms takes forever.

Comment

I was thinking more in terms of the Bates Motel.

Comment

"What I would tell the president is none of your damn business. You are not the president, and you are not getting a room here tonight."

Comment

Working...
                          X