This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homo Stultus - EW variant in the wild

customer 1 - Excited to buy a computer at a great price, su much so, buys the accesories recommended, insurance and provides rave review to the manager. Returns everything two days later due to 'defective since it doesn't hook up to the web'. Employee spends time to diagnose and everything checks out. more fact checking reveals, customer expected the computer to have magical life-time free wi-fi access built in.

customer 2 - Buys computer (someplace else) comes in to get help, and essentially expects us to teach him how to operate a computer in 30 minutes i.e. windows, word processing, internet navigation, dowload programs, hook up to random WiFi hotspots and to search for programs/games he might like, download them and teach him basic usage on those to boot.

customer 3 - New to the smartphone era, variant to customer 2, smartphone edition.

customer 4 - Buys no contract mobile broadband device + airtime ($180) explained this units don't provide unlimed service (about 5gb for the month), excellent for students and web browsing, not so much for movie watching (online movies use about 1.5 gb). that was on Monday. Comes in on Tuesday becouse service is 'not working' spend time trying to diagnose and verify th account was set properly, call customer service and find out, theys used up all the allotment in essentially 1/2 a day. cust fesses up they watched 3 movies in a crappy iphone screen.

customer 5- walks in excited at being the first person to ever figure out they dont need to pay for cable nor internet service, they just need an adapter to hook up their crappy phone with a netflix account to their tv and turn their phones built in hot spot for similar or superior performance. variant of customer 4

customer 6 - buys/steals a blacklisted phone, expects us to jail break it/reactivate as a completely legal and complimentary service for buying $30 a month airtime.

Last edited by Josh; 11-29-2013, 08:34 AM.
    “The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.”
    ― Bertrand Russell

I feel your pain; I experience customers 3 through 6 on a daily basis.
    "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
    -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

What a pack of ninnies. I honestly wonder at how some people make it through their days, what with these new-fangled cars zipping around, and having to remember to breathe while walking.

Comment

Customer #2, The company I used to work for had a collection of free software and helpful write-ups for the computers we sold. Since they were FOSS we could not sell them legally even if we wanted to.

But we would only make copies for people who bought their computers from us. More than one customer #2 was told to take their purchase back, then use the refund to buy the same equipment at the same price from us. Worked like a dream, except for the few who demanded we have to sell them the FOSS which of-course was against the law/copyright and also we saw no need to waste the time to copy it for free to give to a non-customer.

Customer#4, 5GB is enough for me to download at-least 2-3 seasons of anime plus most movies I download are 700MB in size, so 2-3 movies at the same time. But $180 will buy more DVD movies from Walmart or any discount store to last me an entire month!
        Last edited by earl colby pottinger; 12-01-2013, 09:18 PM. Reason: Invert meaning in sentence

Comment

People actually watch movies over 3G/4G? I have a gig a month & struggle to use it all... Well, so long as I remember not to use Tumblr on the phone
          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

I do occasionally, but then, I have truly unlimited internet ( no fair use policy or usage limits) on my mobile.

Comment

Quoth Josh View Post
              customer 1 - Excited to buy a computer at a great price, su much so, buys the accesories recommended, insurance and provides rave review to the manager. Returns everything two days later due to 'defective since it doesn't hook up to the web'. Employee spends time to diagnose and everything checks out. more fact checking reveals, customer expected the computer to have magical life-time free wi-fi access built in.
              What, you didn't throw in a free copy of the internet with his "SUPER EXTREMELY PREMIUM" computer? How's he supposed to check his email mails, browse the interwebs, or IM with his little friends about how much he "hearts" various things?

customer 2 - Buys computer (someplace else) comes in to get help, and essentially expects us to teach him how to operate a computer in 30 minutes i.e. windows, word processing, internet navigation, dowload programs, hook up to random WiFi hotspots and to search for programs/games he might like, download them and teach him basic usage on those to boot.
              Shame on you for not supporting your competitors products. It's amazing you stay in business with practices like that. He'll never come to you for free help again.

customer 3 - New to the smartphone era, variant to customer 2, smartphone edition.
              But all of those giant, labeled buttons and well written menus are confusing! Why, he might actually have to read!

customer 4 - Buys no contract mobile broadband device + airtime ($180) explained this units don't provide unlimed service (about 5gb for the month), excellent for students and web browsing, not so much for movie watching (online movies use about 1.5 gb). that was on Monday. Comes in on Tuesday becouse service is 'not working' spend time trying to diagnose and verify th account was set properly, call customer service and find out, theys used up all the allotment in essentially 1/2 a day. cust fesses up they watched 3 movies in a crappy iphone screen.
              Who wants to guess what kind of movies?

customer 5- walks in excited at being the first person to ever figure out they dont need to pay for cable nor internet service, they just need an adapter to hook up their crappy phone with a netflix account to their tv and turn their phones built in hot spot for similar or superior performance. variant of customer 4
              Hey, it's worth a violation of his service contract for crappy, slow connection to TV shows that are in syndicated rerun and a mishmash of movies that are older than I am, movies nobody wanted to see in the first place, and movies that we've seen so many times that we're sick of.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                What a pack of ninnies. I honestly wonder at how some people make it through their days, what with these new-fangled cars zipping around, and having to remember to breathe while walking.

I love it!
                https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                  Cars? Cars are too much for their feeble gray matter to handle!

It's that new technology called pencils that confounds them.
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                    Cars? Cars are too much for their feeble gray matter to handle!
                    Yeah, but if you jump up and roar at them they'll drop their rocks and go back to eating bushes.
                    [/Cosby]
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                      Yeah, but if you jump up and roar at them they'll drop their rocks and go back to eating bushes.
                      [/Cosby]
                      Dalesys, I'm disappointed. Being familiar with the comments you make when threads go "off the rails", how could you have posted that one as a STRAIGHT LINE?
                      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                        ... posted that one as a STRAIGHT LINE?
                        It wasn't hard.
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                          It wasn't hard.
                          Theeeere's the dalesys we know...
                          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                          X