This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello future? 1920s calling

So, as you may know, the founder of Hellton Hotels was named Mr. Hellton, and he founded the company in the 1920s. So yeah it's pretty old. One day, I get a call.

Me: "Hellton Hotels, How may I help."

Caller: *elderly friendly male voice* "Oh, hey, is this HM? It's Mr. Hellton."

Me: *thinking* The founder??!?!?! "uh...hey...???"

Caller: "Can I make a reservation with you?"

Me: "uhhh sure" *thinking* The founder wants me to make him a reservation??!?!?!

Then I got my head together and reminded myself that he died many moons ago, so this must be a different guy with the same name. But the way he recognized my voice and called me by my name really threw me. I wear my nametag, but no customer ever calls me that, only staff. Made me think Old Mr. H was calling me from beyond the grave. At first.

Turns out the caller's name wasn't even Hellton, but something was similar. LOL The line was kind of crackly but I'm pretty sure he said that...
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

....it turns out it was Mr.H calling from beyond the grave....Next week on Beyond Belief:Fact or Fiction...
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

I work for the same brand (well a francise but same diff) and that's actually a pretty common name. We've had about three different "Hellton" parties in the year I've been here.
      "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Working...
      X