X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst customer EVER

http://www.etiquettehell.com/
    Has anyone seen this yet? If a customer did this to me I don't know what I would do, but it would probably result in me getting fired.

"I adore your website, I’ve also learned quite a lot from it, and now i have my own story to share.

I work for a large clothing store chain as a customer service associate. My job includes cashier, cleaning, sizing, unloading trucks and placing merchandise on the sales floor. Every evening, the associate who closes in each department is required to size, and straighten every rack in their area.

Now, I have put up with my share of etiquette breaches on this job, putting up with everything from having clothes on hangers ripped out of my hands so that the hangers break and cut me, to being whistled at like a dog when I don’t reach the counter fast enough to help a customer.

The worst thing happened a few nights ago. I was the only employee in my department, which encompasses half the store. It has 7 “sub sections” so its quite a job. It was nearing closing and I was in the process of sizing and cleaning my racks, when a female customer tapped me on the shoulder.

“Excuse me,” she said, “but since you look like you don’t have anything to do, I mean, you’re just standing here fiddling with this rack, I took the liberty of seeing to it you’re kept busy for a while. I took the clothes off the hangers.”

When I looked behind me, to my horror I saw that she was not kidding, she really had gone through my once near spotless department and pulled most of the clothes off the hangers.

I don’t understand what possessed her to do that. I’ve noticed that people seem to think that retail workers are less than human, and treat us with a certain amount of disdain. I make an effort to treat employees at businesses as politely as I can. I just wish more people would do the same. 1102-10"
    It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
    -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Yes Officer, I know EXACTLY how those 20 hangers wound up shoved into the dead woman's ass!
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

I mean, I've had people try and "help" me by rearranging an endcap to look closer to the signage above it (which required me having to put everything back to planogram and having to explain to said customers that we have a particular plan in place already) but intentionally creating a disaster for the explicit intent of creating more work for the staff? Personally, that would have been a case of "...and that's when I shot her your honor." And put even odds on getting away with it.
      I AM the evil bastard!
      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
        Yes Officer, I know EXACTLY how those 20 hangers wound up shoved into the dead woman's ass!
        I like this response Seriously who does that?
        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

That really is a case of vandalism and probably ought to have been reported to the manager and to the police. She's deliberately trashing the store and disrupting business at that point.

Comment

If I were the employee, I probably would've just stood there and cried.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post

Now that I've had time to think about it, I think I would make her stay and pick up every one. If my boss objected, I would quit.
              It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
              -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

I like the idea of calling the police on her bitchy little ass. Seriously, what the FUCK.

[Although most of the stories on Etiquette Hell make me go wtf...people are SO unbelievably rude and awful, it's just...sad.]
                "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
                "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
                Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                  That really is a case of vandalism and probably ought to have been reported to the manager and to the police. She's deliberately trashing the store and disrupting business at that point.
                  ITA, but I'd bet my last dollar alot of these asshole managers would have shrugged it off, or worse - found a way to side with the customer on it.
                  "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Working...
                  X