This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• things i learned while at work today

people would rather describe, in detail, a cookie instead of read the sign with the name of it
    so many people say "i want that one right there. the ones that's brown with the 3 different chocolate chips in it" (sign reads "chocolate lovers') or "that yellow one there with the colorful candies on it" (sign reads sugarbutter w/ m&m). i didn't know it was so difficult to read

when working for 5 hours alone with no chance of a bathroom break, drinking water isn't a good idea.
    related: learn to do something other than drink water when bored
    yeeeeeah...i tend to drink water when bored. and work is usually very slow. so...i stand around and drink water. and today, i was there for 5 hours. by my self. with no bathroom. it sucked

my boss...is a doodoo head
    he's a cheepskate. and i think a bit lazy. we have a soda machine out front and an ice trough in front of it. there's a drain for water when the ice melts. and it's been clogged for a week or so. there's around 6 inches or so of water in the bottom of the thing. his solution? just keep it full of ice and no one'll see the water. awesome. don't know why he can't get a pipesnake. not like they're expensive.
    in the back, we have sinks for washing dishes in. we also have a sprayer head. small problem with this sprayer. when turned on, it sprays water all over the place. there are no screwdrivers at work. i've mentioned that i'm going to bring in a set and some other random plumbers things and fix the damned thing and his response? "no, i'll get to it eventually." ...suuuure ya will.
    we bake cookies. we have ovens. it gets hot. it's also july and was almost 100 degrees outside today. tad warm. our thermostat is busted. there's a note on it that says "do not set thermostat to below 79 degrees. it will freeze up!" that's...pretty warm. warm enough to make a gal thirsty, but that's besides the point. apparently it's been like this for months. the thermostat itself is 5+ years old. so...why hasn't he had it fixed/replaced? to expensive.
    i worked for the store for 3 years before i moved to virginia. i had a set of keys and a code to the safe. now...i don't. and as i previously mentioned, i was alone for 5 hours. at one point, i had no $5 bills, no quarters, and close to $75 in ones in one of the tills. and i couldn't do jack diddly about it because hey! i don't have a code to the safe. i called up my boss and mentioned it. his answer? "uh...yeah. i'll see what i can do." i know it's not difficult to set a new code for the thing. but i have a feeling it'll be about a month before i get one.

bonus!
    playlists
    so this has nothing to do with work. but i found it funny.
    i was taking my dog for a walk this morning, like i do...and i overheard a conversation between a husband and wife that went something like this:

h: husband
    w: wife (listening to mp3 player)

w: did you put a playlist on here called "now playing"?
    h: uh...no, why?
    w: cuz when i go to look at the playlists, it's at the top. and whenever i select it, it just goes back to what i was listening before. i think it's fault or something.

at this point i was out of hearing range.
    ...i have a feeling she was one of those people that had "12:00" blinking on her vcr for years.
    If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
    ^_^

Maybe if you-in all of your spare time HA-made up a little chore list for the guy? And made hundreds of copies of it that spread all over everywhere he could look?
    Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Quoth Exaspera View Post
      Maybe if you-in all of your spare time HA-made up a little chore list for the guy? And made hundreds of copies of it that spread all over everywhere he could look?
      oh, there have been lists. but he takes them down because he doesn't like excess clutter
      If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
      ^_^

Comment

Hmmmm, mebbe a big whiteboard and red markers?
        Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

It can't be legal to not have a bathroom available. I couldn't work that long without one....I'm y on a diuretic for high blood pressure and have to drink a good amount of water on top of it to avoid dehydration...so yeah I need a bathroom about every hour or so.
          https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
          Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
            It can't be legal to not have a bathroom available. I couldn't work that long without one....I'm y on a diuretic for high blood pressure and have to drink a good amount of water on top of it to avoid dehydration...so yeah I need a bathroom about every hour or so.
            Having a bathroom and being able to use it are two very different things. I can't easily abandon a line when I'm the only person working. Also, I can't tell random strangers that I have to go to the bathroom as they are likely to steal crap and do who knows what. Occasionally, if I get a break in people I can run to the back and hope nobody comes in before I'm done. Or sometimes a regular will come in that I can trust to keep an eye out but for the most part it is wait till the next employee gets in so I can have a break.
            I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

Working...
            X