• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That was not a helpful answer

Customer: "I need a usb cable"
    Me: "what kind?"
    Customer: "The blue one."
    He needed an ethernet cable.
    If I can ever remember the exact conversation I might type up the 10 minute conversation with this woman about how a corded mouse communicates with a computer. hint: through the cord.
    Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
    Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Quoth gremcint View Post
    If I can ever remember the exact conversation I might type up the 10 minute conversation with this woman about how a corded mouse communicates with a computer. hint: through the cord.
    You mean you can't just snip the cord off to make it a wireless mouse? Dangit.
    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Or how about the ones who insist that their wireless device (mouse, keyboard, etc) doesn't need batteries. It just worked out of the box, they didn't need to put batteries into it, so why would they need to check the batteries, or replace them?

In one such case, the batteries had leaked, making a bad mess inside and then nothing worked.

Comment

I need a cable!

Which one?

The one that plugs into the computer DUH!!!!!11

*headdesk*
        Quote Dalesys:
        ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
          I need a cable!

Which one?

*headdesk*
          comments like that are what led me to create a power adapter flail, made of the different dc port connectors.
          i would wonder what a computer cable flail would look like......
          This is a drama-free zone; violators will be slapped. -Irving Patrick Freleigh
          my blog:http://steeledragon.wordpress.com/

Comment

How many +'s would that be?
            Quote Dalesys:
            ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
              there goes that idea....
              https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
              Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                I need a cable!

Which one?

*headdesk*
                This is a good incentive to make an etherkiller.
                I AM the evil bastard!
                A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                  How many +'s would that be?
                  depends, do you include legacy connectors? i can imagine a d25 serial or printer connector would add a +2 by itself
                  This is a drama-free zone; violators will be slapped. -Irving Patrick Freleigh
                  my blog:http://steeledragon.wordpress.com/

Comment

Or hole punch it. (yes, my mother had a user do that accidentally).
                    I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

See, lately, I have bought a few etch a sketches.... to get to people who shouldn't own a computer because they ask me dumb questions which are fine.... but that is after that refuse my help insist they know what they are doing then have a horribly broken computer when it would have taken me 5 minutes to fix the problem but not it is a complete OS reinstall
                      I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

Well, you CAN, but then you have a non-functional wireless mouse.

Comment

Quoth Difdi View Post
                          Well, you CAN, but then you have a non-functional wireless mouse.
                          Eh, better not anyway. I just know my toddler will runn off with a wireless the moment I get one.

Plus, you know, I like having mouse functionality.
                          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
                          X