This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bible based Joke

I meant to read 1st John 4:18 at a wedding.

I read John 4:18 by mistake.

Now to explain the joke, because even I had to look this one up.

From the NIV
    1st John 4:18
    There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

John 4:18
    The fact is, you have had five husbands, and the man you now have is not your husband. What you have just said is quite true.
    I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

LOL epic! I am sending links to everyone I know.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

A pastor shows up early to the home of one of his parishioners, having been invited for dinner, and though he sees a light on inside, nobody answers the door. He writes "Revelation 3:20" on a card and slides it under the door. (This passage reads: Behold, I stand at the door and knock, if any man hears and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me").

A few minutes later, another card appears, this time from inside. On it is written "Genesis 3:10" (I heard your voice in the garden, but I was afraid, because I was naked, and I hid myself."
      "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
        snip
        And now I have another good Joke to tell at Church. Thank you.
        I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Working...
        X