This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's still coming in, yes.

I tried to briefly talk to him today.. said hi, introduced myself, asked him if he'd had a decent meal recently. He said no, so I handed him a store gift card. He said what's this? "It's a gift card for the store with $10 on it.. I've seen what you've been surviving on man, you need a good meal instead of a slice of bread here and there." He didn't object, just thanked me.

The kid STINKS to high hell, and his teeth are actually brown... I don't think they've been brushed in a long, long time. I swear I could almost see the grease dripping off of his hair, and it's obvious he hasn't had a haircut in quite awhile (not necessarily a bad thing, he's actually a pretty good looking guy even with the shaggy hair).

Didn't have his laptop today, but did have his phone (a nice Blackberry actually). I'm pretty sure he doesn't have service for the phone though, I saw him using Skype on it today, so he was probably connected to our wifi for it. Haven't seen him playing WoW in quite awhile or any pay for play games either.

I'm gonna try and talk to him a little more, he's not the most social person and I'm not either.

Comment

Granted he maybe weird for being there all day playing WoW. But if he hasn't caused any problems with anyone, just let him be. I agree to maybe even walking up and saying hi

He buys his food and drinks there, if anything he's a loyal customer lol

When I used to work at a game store (i've worked many jobs in sales/retail so of course I have lots of stories) There used to be this older guy who would come in like everyday on the weekdays, come in late afternoon. He'd bring a 7-11 Big Gulp and post on one of the gaming kiosks and play till 15mins before we closed. Slightly creepy, yes but he never bothered anyone and would always say hi and gnite when coming and going. I think he was just getting off work and instead of going home he come over, play a game (he was good, play a game from start to finish) and leave. Maybe a sad existence but I had no issue about it. One time my manager and I thought maybe we should all pitch in and buy him a Game console and couple of games (since we sold pre-owned systems and games)
      "This job would be great if it wasn't for the f***** customers." - Randell 'Clerks'

Comment

This kid is breaking my heart, honestly.

From what you've said, he actually seems like a decent person. Just really, really needs some help.

Is there anyway you could call one of the social services and see if anyone could come an observe him and see if they could help him?
        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Any updates on this? I've had it bookmarked for days now waiting for something new. I've grown kind of e-attached to this poor guy.

Comment

Well, there's not much to report, except we haven't seen him in over a week now. Kinda weird not seeing him, to be honest.

Comment

Working...
            X