This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laying the blame on us? THANKS.

Ok so lately, I've branched out a bit after some encouragement from my coder...to go into game design. Nothing incredible, we've just made a couple of game apps for some sites to use. Last month, we released a slots game, sold a TON of licenses for it. Yesterday we finished and posted a bingo game for sale. Great, right?

Except that the script company we were working with on the games, so that it would work with their customers....deleted our config files from the server. Not only did that break the game we just released HOURS before, which customers are frantically purchasing and installing...it broke the slots game. Which is the hottest thing on over 30+ sites.

I got no less than 30-40 emails within fifteen minutes from people freaking the EFF out, telling me that their game was broken, they were losing money due to the downtime....and that script company had told them to go talk to us. WHAT?!

My coder got swamped with people too, to the point he told me to just log off and save myself from the incoming mob of people. I couldn't do that though, would look bad. >< I had just managed to tell one person that no, it wasn't us at fault, it was actually the script company that had done it.

"Ohhhh but they said we needed to talk to you since it was YOUR game, therefore your fault."

.....How nice.

Turns out they threw us under a bus because they saw the massive amounts of support tickets headed their way and didn't want to deal with it. Nice, dude. Completely reminded me of the hunter in our guild who accidentally walked into a boss's room, and didn't want to get blamed for being a retard....so he misdirected Giant Nasty Zombie Dog onto me. (World of Warcraft people will get that...lol...)

Just...really. Was totally unfair of them to do that to us, especially since our designs and apps get them TONS of profit.
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Are you already looking into a new scripting company to work with?

Congrats on the success of your games, by the way. =)

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
      Completely reminded me of the hunter in our guild who accidentally walked into a boss's room, and didn't want to get blamed for being a retard....so he misdirected Giant Nasty Zombie Dog onto me. (World of Warcraft people will get that...lol...)
      Misdirect offers so many ways to be an asshole
      "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
      - H. Beam Piper

Comment

So what's going to happen? Will script company be able to fix something, hopefully quickly?

And I wouldn't hesitate to throw the script company under the bus right back. A politely-worded email to your complaining customers stating you are working diligently to have this issue resolved and that the problem lies with the script company, not with you. And that by copy of your email, the script company is being made aware of the customer's concerns/complaints in the hopes they will resolve this issue as quickly as possible. Any further questions regarding this issue should be directed to script company at *email address*.

Don't you love the cc function on email?
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth Hanzoku View Post
          Are you already looking into a new scripting company to work with?

Congrats on the success of your games, by the way. =)
          Thanks, and I am going to be scouting out who else we can partner with as soon as I can. I like these guys, usually they aren't like this...but this week they've been rather nasty.

Quoth Fire_on_High View Post
          Misdirect offers so many ways to be an asshole
          <.< I sense a hunter in our midst...

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
          So what's going to happen? Will script company be able to fix something, hopefully quickly?

And I wouldn't hesitate to throw the script company under the bus right back. A politely-worded email to your complaining customers stating you are working diligently to have this issue resolved and that the problem lies with the script company, not with you. And that by copy of your email, the script company is being made aware of the customer's concerns/complaints in the hopes they will resolve this issue as quickly as possible. Any further questions regarding this issue should be directed to script company at *email address*.

Don't you love the cc function on email?
          Thankfully last night we got everything fixed up...clients are now calm and happy again, especially one who found out last night that he's made a grand from selling credits to play our games. O_o

I just about did throw them, but when I casually mentioned that I might do that, the script company worked their butts off and got it fixed. XD
          By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Working...
          X