This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• octopi23's job search thread, part II

So, yeah, if you were in the SC forum about a month ago, you saw "Tired of this...", wherein I complain about wanting to quit. My parents originally didn't let me job hunt, but managed to get them to compromise under the condition that I have to find a job before I quit mine now (fair enough).

So, here's where I am right now:

APPLIED TO:

Local library.

TRYING TO APPLY TO:

Remax office.

I was thinking however of something that would put my salesmanship to work. Any suggestions? (Yeah, I got nothing.)
    http://www.pirikapirilala.tk

Check out my blog today!

I worked at a grocery store in high school as a cashier. It was a pretty decent job. Spin your flag experience as customer service experience and that should help you.

Comment

Quoth trailerparkmedic View Post
      I worked at a grocery store in high school as a cashier. It was a pretty decent job. Spin your flag experience as customer service experience and that should help you.
      I was thinking that or "GameStore," because of my video game knowledge and salesmanship techniques, but I've heard some pretty serious horror stories concerning GameStore.

Check out my blog today!

Comment

Honestly, you're going to hear horror stories about most retail environments. If you're a part time worker, quotas and such are less of an issue. Besides, what's the worst that can happen? You get fired from your part time high school job? In my experience, as long as you're not an idiot, you will see the writing on the wall before you get fired, giving you a chance to quit... and since you're in high school, it's super easy to blame leaving on things like "I needed more time for school."

Comment

Quoth octopi23 View Post
          I was thinking that or "GameStore," because of my video game knowledge and salesmanship techniques, but I've heard some pretty serious horror stories concerning GameStore.
          From what I understand, Gamestore could care less if you know Marcus Fenix from Lara Croft. If you can sell ice machines to an Eskimo, they'd be happy. However, it takes some time to get much in the way of hours at Gamestore, so it might not be the best place for summer work.
          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
            From what I understand, Gamestore could care less if you know Marcus Fenix from Lara Croft. If you can sell ice machines to an Eskimo, they'd be happy. However, it takes some time to get much in the way of hours at Gamestore, so it might not be the best place for summer work.
            I don't care about hours, except in the fact that at "Seven Flags," I am stuck in the closing shift and my superiors will not move me, no matter how many times I submit a sched change form. And I can sell things very well, so it doesn't matter to me. I'm a fucking excellent salesman.

Check out my blog today!

Comment

Working...
            X