This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sure-fire way to increase tips

i've actually more than doubled my tips in the past couple of nights using this method. from less than $2 a night to more than $5! woo!
    lol it's pretty simple actually...just stick a sign on your tip jar that says "honeymoon fund." it's so easy!
    standard conversation goes as follows:
    me:
    rc: random customer

rc: *sees sign* oh! who's getting married?
    me: oh, that'd be me...
    rc: oo! when's the wedding?
    me: in december...well, if he gets back from iraq in time...
    rc: *drops money in *
    me: thank you!

it's totally true, too. i've been putting my money in my cow piggy bank towards wedding/honeymoon stuff. i'm pretty amazed by how willing people are to part with their change if they know where it's going.
    If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
    ^_^

Lotsa people probably trying to send good Karma his way. Like how in Japan you can give some money when you pray at a temple (I think. Never been there. ^^;.

Here's to bribing the Fates!
    "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
      Lotsa people probably trying to send good Karma his way. Like how in Japan you can give some money when you pray at a temple (I think. Never been there. ^^;.
      I think, traditionally, the money generally goes to the upkeep of the shrine and the caretakers if it has one full-time.
      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

While yes people are happy to help with your wedding / honeymoon - when you tell them "...Well, if he gets back from Iraq in time" You are unintentionally guilt tripping them what they hear is " I'm marring a soldier, if he comes home"

congrats and good luck!
        I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

I wonder if that would work with other things.

"college fund"
          "school books fund"
          "baby fund"
          "retirement fund"
          "first home deposit fund"
          "mortgage fund"
          Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
            Like how in Japan you can give some money when you pray at a temple (I think. Never been there. ^^;.
            To a lesser extent, it'd be the same as a collection plate in a Christian church, however you're not obliged to give a certain amount, just a modest one. Shinto shrines/temples have them, Buddhist I'm not so sure.

I do believe Geek King is right, and I also think that the charms and amulets it sells contribute to the upkeep as well. according to Wiki, there are four main types:

Ofuda-made of paper, wood or metal, are inscribed with a wish and are left in the house.

Omamori-the portable version, usually made of cloth and are carried around with the person. Normally used to ward off health or bad luck, but can also be used for success in school or other affairs.

Omikuji-the paper fortunes left at temples.

Daruma dolls-when you buy them, they have no eyes. You paint one eye while making a wish, then when the wish comes true, you paint the other eye.
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Oh emm gee, the first thing to came to my mind when I read the title was "Show customers your goodies."

Ask me how I know!
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                Oh emm gee, the first thing to came to my mind when I read the title was "Show customers your goodies."

Ask me how I know!
                ...how...?
                If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
                ^_^

Comment

Working...
                X