Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These 'wealthy' people often live well beyond their needs in tons of credit card debt and high mortgage payments, expensive car notes... smh

Comment

Some really well off people still rent too. I know of luxury apartments that rent for upper 4, lower 5 digit range. These were in New York shity City or LA of course.
      I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
        Short one from my coworker, M. She was telling this woman about either an app or a card we have, both money-savers. We are supposed to talk to everyone about these. The arrogant sucktomer said "Do I look like I need to save money?" Ugh; even if it's true, you don't say it out loud, especially to a retail slave who is possibly on food stamps. Anyway, she then looked at the customer behind her before leaving her empty cart in that customer's way. My only comfort in hearing this is knowing that she showed her butthole to the world, as witnessed by others around her.

Things I wished M had said:

"The more you save, the more you can give to your favorite charities!" (knowing she probably doesn't)

"Looks are deceiving."

"Then why are you shopping at a discount store?"

"Life is funny. Anyone can lose anything at any time, including wealth."
        How about a completely deadpan "Yes. You do."?
        Random Doctor Who quote:
        "I'm sorry about your coccyx, too, Miss Grant."

I has a gallery: deviantART gallery.
        I also has a "funny" blog: Aqu Improves Her Craft

Comment

Oh, that's good. But Coworker's too nice to say that. I'm not. I'm surprised, actually, at the truths that have come out of my mouth and not gotten me fired.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Houses

Quoth minkysmom View Post
            These 'wealthy' people often live well beyond their needs in tons of credit card debt and high mortgage payments, expensive car notes... smh
            This really hit home when I realized the house I own is 100% paid off - ie I only need to pay property taxes, yet my cousin the lawyer owned 12 houses (his income was high enough to get the bank to agree to the mortgages) and when times got hard he lost *ALL* of them.

With his income there would have been no problem buying the house he used to live in. With even his reduced income he probably would have had no problem in buying and keeping three to four houses if he really want to.

But he had to get greedy and end up owning money on twelve houses that he could not pay for once times got hard - HE LOST THEM ALL!

So even people with money and good incomes can put themselves in stupid positions.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
              So even people with money and good incomes can put themselves in stupid positions.
              I wouldn't say I make GREAT money, I would consider it "good" or "decent".

That said, both my wife and I have paid-for cars. I intend to keep it that way as long as possible. I don't want to get into payments AGAIN.

My only real debt right now is my mortgage. And I am going to try to do what I can to get THAT paid off as quickly as possible, too.
              Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

As for the doctor, a couple of recent studies have shown that a good one-third of Americans between 18-34 do not live independently (alone or with spouse/partner and/or minor children), but rather live with parents, other relatives or roommates. Even even people with substantial incomes. So it's not unreasonable to assume that the good doctor may not be a homeowner.

Comment

Working...
                X