This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copy Guy is Being Sucky Again

Ok so Copy Guy is back. The one who makes me do all his copies and scans for him and never tips me.

His latest stunt is putting up the DND sign and hiding in his room until 2pm. He is apparently under the impression that if he just doesn't tell us he wants another night, we can't change his rate. (Background: he always books the first night well ahead and therefore gets a lower rate for that one, which he wants to apply to all his nights.)

Nope. Per my manager, not happening. You stealth rebook, you get the rack rate. We have your card on file. Enjoy your stay sir!
    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Not a copy shop

You are not a copy shop.

Take your time doing his copies (IE. do it when you have spare time not when he wants it like right now).

I don't think he can complain to your manager about the time it takes to get copies if he can do them himself faster, and it is not even your job.

Comment

Spare time, what's that?
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Makin' copiiiiieeees, gettin' charged max bucks on the credit caaarrrd, Mayor of Dumbville, population: yoooou...
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
          Makin' copiiiiieeees, gettin' charged max bucks on the credit caaarrrd, Mayor of Dumbville, population: yoooou...
          That reminded me of the Rob Schneider skit from SNL...

"The Rand-ole-opry! Makin' Copies!!"

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-li...machine/n10022
          Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
            That reminded me of the Rob Schneider skit from SNL...
            That's exactly the feel I was going for.
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Can't you put the cost of the copies plus tips on his card?
              cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Quoth cindybubbles View Post
                Can't you put the cost of the copies plus tips on his card?
                I could for the copies, but we pretty much do them for free as a courtesy to our guests. Wouldn't make sense to put a tip on his card. The money run through system postings (which is how I'd do it) goes to the hotel, not to me.
                "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

When you say he gets charged "rack" rate, I'm assuming you mean the rate that any schlub could get by showing up at the desk, as opposed to the "Maximum Rate" printed on those cards on the back of the door?

Comment

Yes. Rack rate is the term used in the industry meaning the basic rate with no discounts applied.
                    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                      Yes. Rack rate is the term used in the industry meaning the basic rate with no discounts applied.
                      What Mr. Hero said.

Comment

I am, naturally, picturing the customer looking like this now:

"Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
                        --StanFlouride

Comment

Quoth Jack T. Chance View Post
                          I am, naturally, picturing the customer looking like this now:
                          I was afraid you'd post a rework of the 'Makin' Bacon' meme...
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Jack, take off the tie, put on a t-shirt, add about 20 years, a construction company baseball cap and a 70s mustache, and that picture is pretty much exactly what Copy Guy looks like!

Comment

Working...
                            X