This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Argabarga View Post
    Or ones that are likely to actually pan out......... the last 30 people who said we'd be seeing them in court, well, still waiting....
    As much as I hate lawyers (my PITA sister is one), I'm guessing a few of them actually spoke to attorneys and were laughed out of the office. The rest are probably using "lawyer" as some kind of magic word that makes everything turn out the way they want. Sometimes it works with retail, but not with (good) towing companies that have to know the law backwards and forwards.
    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

People's Court

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
      As much as I hate lawyers (my PITA sister is one), I'm guessing a few of them actually spoke to attorneys and were laughed out of the office. The rest are probably using "lawyer" as some kind of magic word that makes everything turn out the way they want. Sometimes it works with retail, but not with (good) towing companies that have to know the law backwards and forwards.
      I love watching People's Court or Judge Judy when someone tries to sue the tow truck companies. I have seen the tow companies only lose two times, once when only the boss came in and of-course since he had not bought the paper-work it became a He-Said_She-Said situation, and once when the tow truck operator had gotten lazy and did not fill in all the need info on the paper-work.

But I love it when the tow operators show up with clear pictures on the posted signs that clearly state who can park and when. And even funnier when they show up with video showing the car owners walking away to a different store across the road to do their shopping.

I am not talking about a person parking at shop A, going into shop A to buy stuff and then thinking they will just pop over to shop B across the street to get something else. I am talking about people who park at shop A and then go shopping at shop B only.

One person did this more than once and then was surprised when on the third or fourth time (I don't remember which) they came back to find their car gone. Their claim to Judge Judy was they had always parked there in the past with no problem so they should not be towed now. Judge Judy did not buy that argument.

Comment

ECP, that reminds me of my former coworker who was invited to a restaurant by our project manager. Instead of parking in a correct parking spot, he parked in McDonald's parking lot.

The sign in the front of the other restaurant said, "We guarantee three things, good food, great service, and McDonald's will tow."

Also,
        Quoth Argabarga
        Do him a favor and tell him that us towers never ever EVER get tired of towing the same car over and over
        This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
          Hey! I've got a big truck with a loud engine, and not only am I not mysogynistic, I'm closer to a horse than to a hamster.
          Yes, but your big truck serves a useful purpose, unlike those lesser big trucks.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
          X