This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miscellaneous Roundup

Today is my Saturday, so I thought I'd share the exceptional examples of DUH! with you all from my work week.

* The Lady who wandered into our waiting area, peeped behind the curtain where we do flu shots (a roughly 4x6 area which at present contains a single chair and a small trash can), wandered over to me with a bewildered look on her face and said: "Your Minute Clinic is awfully small! How do you do exams in there?"

I pointed to the far corner of the store where, underneath a very large sign in bold red lettering sits our Minute Clinic, with two fully stocked examination rooms, a waiting area, a computerized sign-in kiosk and a big screen TV.

* Guy signs little screen for his meds.
    Puts stylus down.
    Stares at me.

Me: "Okay, you can swipe your card now."
    Guy swipes credit card.
    Stares at me.

Me: "Okay, do you want credit or debit?"
    Guy pushes CREDIT button.
    Staes at me.

Me: "Do you need any cash back?"
    Guy hits NO.
    Stares at me.

Me: "Okay, you have to sign again for your purchase."
    FOR FUCKS SAKE, THE ANSWERS ARE NOT ON MY FOREHEAD!!! Pay attention to the goddamned screen! I ain't that pretty!

*Girl comes up with shitload of groceries.
    Watches me ring everything up.
    Her: "No, that one is Buy One Get One and that one is reduced by 75%. Also, my $5 coupon didn't come up and I have a Raincheck."
    Me: "I wish you'd told me that BEFORE I hit subtotal."
    Her: "Don't you know your own sales?"
    Me: "No. Because this is the pharmacy. We do not stock the grocery aisles, nor do we have anything at all to do with sales signage or stickering. And now I have to send you to the front of the store to redo your transaction because there is a line behind you of people who want to pick up their MEDICATIONS."
    Her: *cat butt face, stomps off*

Me: *ringing up a transaction for a nauseated patient who has a few questions.
    Random Lady: *strides right up, elbows patient out of her way and demands to know where we keep our sewing supplies*
    Me: "I HAVE NO IDEA! ASK SOMEONE UP FRONT!" *and return talking to sick patient.

*Guy walks in.
    Him: "Can I get a flu shot?"
    PIC: "Sure, just go over to the drop off window."
    Him: "How long does it take?"
    PIC: "fifteen minutes."
    Him: "Really?"
    PIC: "yes."
    Him: "Should I get it now?"
    PIC: "That's up to you."
    Him: "When's the best time?"
    PIC: "There is no best time."
    Him: "Maybe later today?"
    PIC: "Again, that's up to you."
    PIC: "That's. Up. To. You."
    Him: "Well, what do you suggest?"
    PIC: "I'm not going to plan your day for you, sir."

Quoth Boomslang View Post
    Random Lady: *strides right up, elbows patient out of her way and demands to know where we keep our sewing supplies*
    The customers from my work have found you! Run!
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

The one time someone tried this in my presence, an elderly gentleman ahead of me used his cane like a stage crook, hooking it onto the line cutter's shoulder and gently dragging them back from the counter while telling them in the sweetest tone possible. "I'm sorry I think you're a bit confused, dear. The line begins over there."

I like to believe that's why my local pharmacist started stocking collapsible canes within reach of the counter.

Comment

The responses on those were all awesome! I love the last one: "I'm not going to plan your day for you." YES!! I hate people who can't make up their minds what the hell they want to do! You know that whatever you suggest, they won't like it anyway!
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

*Guy walks in.
          Him: "Can I get a flu shot?"
          PIC: "Sure, just go over to the drop off window."
          Him: "How long does it take?"
          PIC: "fifteen minutes."
          Him: "Really?"
          PIC: "yes."
          PIC: "That's up to you."
          Him: "When's the best time?"
          PIC: "There is no best time."
          Him: "Maybe later today?"
          PIC: "Again, that's up to you."
          PIC: "That's. Up. To. You."
          Him: "Well, what do you suggest?"
          PIC: "I'm not going to plan your day for you, sir."
          The improper response to this inane line of questioning would be "Yesnaby" (A 'yes, maybe' which means 'no') just to further confuse them before going back to the actual work.

Comment

Note to SCs: The frail old lady you elbowed out of the way might be the grandmother of the burly biker just down the aisle.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Oh god, I get people like that last person.

"What classes should I sign up for?"

"The tuition is due soon, but my financial aid hasn't cleared yet, should I pay now, or later?"

Jesus people, make your own decisions! Stop asking us questions only YOU can answer! XD
              I am a Blank Space for spacing purposes, ignore me.
              In order to treat someone as your equal, you first need to believe both: that they are your equal, and that you are their's.

Comment

FOR FUCKS SAKE, THE ANSWERS ARE NOT ON MY FOREHEAD!!! Pay attention to the goddamned screen! I ain't that pretty!
                I'm betting he's either illiterate or aliterate.

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
                  I'm betting he's either illiterate or aliterate.
                  <drumroll> And the correct answer is: "Anti-literate."
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                  X