This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stupid customers

yes, I had to do it...be the first one to put my two cents.

I guess this probably isn't a gripe per se (ok, it is), but more of a learning experience.

one of my peeves is when someone chooses self-checkout and doesn't bother to learn how to use it properly...or have some patience while using it. yes, the machine will talk/prompt you to do something (oh please, tell them to kill me...yey!).

but then, no one ever learns...

P.S. training them is always good. get them to take back their baskets, carts, children, et al.
    HI, I'M NEW TO ALL OF THIS wave of approval ™©®

Or they ask you about something, while staring straight at the sign that explains the company policy in question. Like someone asking "how much do you have to spend to get your parking back?" while in front of them is a sign which tells them what they want to know. Of course, customers don't read signs...
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Comment

I just wish you didn't *have* to wait for it to tell you every time... scan the item, wait a few seconds until it says put it in the bag, or it'll make you take it out and put it back in again... then wait until it asks for the next item.... 1/10 of the time the item doesn't weigh what the computer thinks it does, and you have to put it in, wait, take it out, wait, put it in again, etc several times until it gives up and either lets you move on or locks up... I thought they were supposed to be for people in a hurry. Most of the stores I use, though, have taken them out, so maybe they're just a fad.
      Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

I saw this one guy sit his toddler down on the bagging area, and then stare at the machine in confusion as it told him to "Please remove the last item from the bag, scan it, and place it in the bag."

I guess I could have been nice and told him, but I was too busy laughing at him.
        Last edited by MadMike; 07-09-2006, 12:51 AM.
        Sometimes life is altered.
        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
        Uneasy with confrontation.
        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth HYHYBT
          I just wish you didn't *have* to wait for it to tell you every time... scan the item, wait a few seconds until it says put it in the bag, or it'll make you take it out and put it back in again... then wait until it asks for the next item.... 1/10 of the time the item doesn't weigh what the computer thinks it does, and you have to put it in, wait, take it out, wait, put it in again, etc several times until it gives up and either lets you move on or locks up... I thought they were supposed to be for people in a hurry. Most of the stores I use, though, have taken them out, so maybe they're just a fad.
          It sounds like the machines just weren't programmed correctly, and nobody knew how to correct them.

They've had self-serve machines at my local supermarkets for a while, and they work just fine. They're wonderful when I only have a few items.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Oh, I like them OK. It's just Wal-Mart where the scale is off... or I should say "was off" since they're gone... but the couple seconds' pause between scanning and bagging, then another before scanning again, is both completely pointless and, best I can tell, universal.
            Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Working...
            X